Author Topic: The Pittsburgh Vintage Audio Fest  (Read 4587 times)

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
The Pittsburgh Vintage Audio Fest
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »
Greetings!

The Pittsburgh Vintage Audio Fest will be held May 28, 2016, at 2875 Freeport Rd., in Natrona Heights.  More publicity and information including a flyer and pictures will be available soon!  We want to bring both more people and new people, both attendees and vendors to this event.  Most of all we want to make this a fun event with the opportunity to meet people, make new friends, sell or trade equipment and media. ;D

Please do not post anything on social media outlets at this time.  We will need your help and your assistance is appreciated.  We want to get a consistent communication to the community.  Details about the pricing for tables, set up times, etc will also be forth coming.  Thanks for your help and patience!

Carl

Offline schwarcw

Re: The Pittsburgh Vintage Audio Fest
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »
Greetings!

We now have a Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pittsburghvintageaudiofest/?fref=ts

Carl

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
Perhaps you may want to edit the greeting to include hours as well as date.

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:27:02 PM »
Perhaps you may want to edit the greeting to include hours as well as date.

Thanks Mark!

I edited the post as you noted.  Flyers are coming!
Carl

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
Anybody have pics from the ones that were at the old shop?

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 04:08:47 AM »
Carl, you might want to add the zip code information as it helps when using GPS. Also, maybe list a few hotels close by.

I take it this is only a one day event. Anything else going on that might interest someone coming from out of the area, like possibly me? I gotta tell ya tho....I haven't seen 9AM in longer than I can remember. Now, 9PM to 5AM and you're talking my language.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 04:11:03 AM »
Anybody have pics from the ones that were at the old shop?

I'd love to see those pics.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 10:37:53 PM »
Working on it...

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 01:45:45 AM »
I posted a link to the event on the Polk forum.

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 12:21:32 AM »
Thank you Jesse!

I need to stop over there.  I feel almost completely out of touch.
Carl

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 09:50:42 AM »
I know 2012 was a pretty good year for the ol swap meet, but 2013 was no slouch. 

Still cracks me up to see some of the pics - like this one of Eli trying to pawn off some of the crap he had accumulated through an excessive number of Goodwill store visits (including a heavy 10 pounds 8 track player that towards the end of the meet he tried to almost give away to me for free - luckily  I resisted): 

Or these pictures of a younger and stupider Bearjew deciding (after a few beers) to immediately recap an HK integrated he bought at the meet (did you ever pay OCCD back for the caps you used while re-capping under the influence??):

He doesn't like paparazzi:

Good times.

bearjew

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »
Or these pictures of a younger and stupider Bearjew deciding (after a few beers) to immediately recap an HK integrated he bought at the meet (did you ever pay OCCD back for the caps you used while re-capping under the influence??)

God I hate that HK.  It was a pre though, not an integrated.  I actually did a good job re-capping it (never recap without a nightcap), but I still haven't figured out the problem.  The right channel is always quieter than the left.  Then I lent it to my brother temporarily, and he just turned the balance knob a little bit to compensate, but at one point the right channel just dropped out.  I still have that HK, and I guess I'm just hoping that one day it miraculously disappears.

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 12:07:18 AM »
Greetings!

A little over a month away!  We don't have firm commitments for anybody yet.  An eight ft table will cost you $25 to cover expenses.  Please PM me with your interest.

Also, we have a flyer available and a Facebook site (see post #2 in this thread)

A copy of the flyer is attached.  We could use your help to post these. 
Carl

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 10:11:27 PM »
The weekend is coming fast!  We should have a great time!
Carl