Author Topic: Ebay / Craigslist scammers. List them here.  (Read 36417 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Ebay / Craigslist scammers. List them here.
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2017, 04:26:30 PM »
It's a principle thing with me, they did a very poor job in treating someone who was ready to plop down $350. If that's how they value a customer willing to spend that kind of money, I won't buy from them. That's not to say the next guy is better, but if you can't answer questions about an auction, you're not getting my money. They do have good prices on some stuff, I may have even bought from them before, but they're not the only game in town.

Offline Comten

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2018, 07:52:08 AM »
Too many to list here, but the hundreds of ebay sellers listing speakers that are clearly missing their foam surrounds in their pics as "excellent, works great, etc...".

Had no idea that drugs had been legalized across the USA.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »
Too many to list here, but the hundreds of ebay sellers listing speakers that are clearly missing their foam surrounds in their pics as "excellent, works great, etc...".

Had no idea that drugs had been legalized across the USA.

Stupid isn't the same thing as a scammer.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
A reminder - the idea behind this thread is to identify specific scammers on eBay by userid based on our own experience (or other reliable sources) so that we can populate our blocked eBay buyers and bidders lists.  Generic comments are not as helpful in that regard.

Regards,

OBG

Offline Comten

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:29 PM »
Well there is an eBay seller in Monroeville with a pair of speakers that are clearly missing their woofer surrounds in the pics and they are claiming "they are working great" - - would he/she qualify as just an effing dumbass,or a purposeful scammer preying on the uninformed?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BOSE-301-SERIES-1-DIRECT-REFLECTING-LOUDSPEAKER-PAIR-L-AND-R-WORKING/132502662255?hash=item1ed9c62c6f:g:QBYAAOSwSFBZ5XXs

Who knows how long he/she has been "testing" these without proper surrounds?

And he/she are not alone, many evilbayers out there like that in their ads, it's just that this jamoke is local - and may know of this forum or be known.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2018, 08:17:18 AM »
I'd say if the seller hid the fact the woofers need refoamed, that would be a scam. In this case, the pictures clearly show the woofers. To some people getting sound out of a speaker qualifies it as "working". Others consider it broken, need work, etc and pay accordingly.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »
Yep, what scorpio said.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
Well there is an eBay seller in Monroeville with a pair of speakers that are clearly missing their woofer surrounds in the pics and they are claiming "they are working great" - - would he/she qualify as just an effing dumbass,or a purposeful scammer preying on the uninformed?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BOSE-301-SERIES-1-DIRECT-REFLECTING-LOUDSPEAKER-PAIR-L-AND-R-WORKING/132502662255?hash=item1ed9c62c6f:g:QBYAAOSwSFBZ5XXs

Who knows how long he/she has been "testing" these without proper surrounds?

And he/she are not alone, many evilbayers out there like that in their ads, it's just that this jamoke is local - and may know of this forum or be known.

Understood.  watchaddict412 has been added to my blocked list...

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »
Consider adding thr-2063 to your blocked buyers list.  Nice guy,  but apparently prone to clicking buy and then changing his mind. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pepe