Author Topic: Best CD data base manager I've seen!  (Read 7495 times)

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
Best CD data base manager I've seen!
« on: November 28, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
It's called Orange CD. Try it ... you gonna like it. (especially if you want to use your PC for playback!)

RG
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: Best CD data base manager I've seen!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »
Post the link :)
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:43:33 PM by Master Blaster »
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »
Very interesting....Does not cost much either.
Got Carver?

Offline fhawk618

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »
Ever check out any of the products from PCDJ? I use them to DJ with, and also for a lot of my home source material, just out of convenience. Their pro stuff can be pricey, but basic software is under $100 and a lot of versions are available out there for free (???) if you know where to look.

Another great software is Tunebite--this allows you to remove the DRM protection from downloaded material, and also allows you to cherry-pick audio/video/both from sites like YouTube. A lot of people post material on YouTube that is not available via CD or digital download. This allows you to get a copy of that old OOP album. Just remember, the output is only as good as the source; however, the software does have a "cleanup" function for tweaking your final output. You can create digital files, build libraries, or burn CDs and DVDs from this software.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Turtle

• Basshole!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
I have been using the paid version of Media Monkey for over a year now.  Besides ripping and cataloging CD's, it is really flexible in that it allows you to convert music file formats (e.g. MP3 to FLAC), as well as to access music files on other computers linked to your own home network.  I can download Itunes music files on my Mac Mini and play them from my IBM laptop without having to burn a CD or otherwise transfer them.  I really like the ability to download and play hi-res tracks from sites like HD Tracks, the quality is really good as long as your DAC can handle 96khz/24bit files.
When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Marantz SA15S2/Rega P3, Parasound P3, Parasound A21, Monitor Audio RS6

Offline PewterTa

• FNG !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
You should check out JRiver and Albumplayer.  I like them as media players best (well my modified Foobar2000 is the best, because I made it the way I like it) and their database and metadata is outstanding.