Author Topic: A Very Special Thanks To Falcon  (Read 2215 times)

SunnyDaze

A Very Special Thanks To Falcon
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:41:55 PM »
I should have posted this sooner but the past week at school has been pure mind-numbing hell.

I'd would like to extend a sincere thanks to Mike (falcon), Mrs Falcon (I'm horrible with names), and little Mikey (Little Mikey) for the knowledge, hospitality, and sound system experience that was conveyed to me last Sunday.

The Infinity Delta 60's sound absolutely amazing with the Mitsubishi monoblocks and the Melos preamp. I have no idea how or why Mike would ever leave the captain's chair that rests in front of his system. As far as the rest of his gear is concerned, well, all I can say is that I'm very jealous. As far as Little Mikey's gear is concerned, you'd be extremely hard pressed to find anyone who is too young to drive and has a nicer setup.

It was great to finally meet the legend (in his own mind). We even coined a new catch phrase for Soundesign. "Soundesign: Great alarm clocks. Shitty sound systems."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:43:51 PM by SunnyDaze »

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: A Very Special Thanks To Falcon
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:43 AM »
Great people!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »
Thanks Sd. I recently acquired a set of Sony ss-tl5's from my dad.  Thge improvement was amazing you should hear it now. My system sounds much better now.
Thanks again,
Mikey
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Mikey those speakers are awesome! If you ever decide to get rid of them look to me first!! Tell your dad too get better soon!! He needs to hear my new mac speakers.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 01:26:34 AM »
Thanks Sd. I recently acquired a set of Sony ss-tl5's from my dad.  Thge improvement was amazing you should hear it now. My system sounds much better now.
Thanks again,
Mikey

I should be out that way within a few weeks Mikey. I'll stop by and listen to them.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 04:44:05 AM »
  Thank you SD, It was a pleasure to meet you, and have you over for a visit.   You will have to stop by again soon.  The system has already changed, The Mistubitchi mono blocks are going to be worked on. Time to pull something else out for awhile.  After the year I have had, I am so grateful to even have a system to listen to.  I have been blessed with some great friends, or I would not even have a soundesign system!!
   Thanks again for stopping by!!!  Since I am basically unable to travel,  It is always a pleasure to have members of the forum come to visit!!   

____
Mike