Author Topic: 5 million of vintage stuff in canada  (Read 2313 times)

NATOE

5 million of vintage stuff in canada
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »

There is a place in Ontario, Canada that claims to have "the largest collection of NEW IN BOX vintage audio equipment." I am not completely sure of the history of this place. There is a video above which mentions that the place closed down some years ago because of the health of the owner. The fellow in the video mentions '70's gear but I did see some DVD players, so there is some '80's and '90's audio gear mixed in ... The speakers may be a good buy but in some of that gear the electrolytic caps may have dried up from non use - SO - you would probably be taking a chance on any of the receivers, amps etc. Also - A lot of this stuff appears to be lower end and mid-fi stereo, although he does show some nice Accuphase gear near the end of the video.

This stuff (5 million dollars of it ...) is slowly being sold off on Ebay at the link below.

Vintage NIB audio equipment on Ebay

Disclaimer - I do not know this person nor do I have anything to do with the sale of this equipment. Also - I didn't see any tube gear in the video ...

World's Largest Collection of N.I.B. VIntage Audio!

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: 5 million of vintage stuff in canada
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »
As you said alot of stuff mostly looks like overstock buy ups. Mid Hi-FI at best from what I saw...nothing to get excited about................. O0
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

Re: 5 million of vintage stuff in canada
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
Interesting.  The prices on the stuff on their ebay store are a bit out of touch w reality if you ask me,  even the Accuphase amps. If anyone knows where the rest of the interview with the owner is,  let me know (I did not look too hard but did not find it right away).