Author Topic: Carver sells out to emo  (Read 6628 times)

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
Re: Carver sells out to emo
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:27:25 AM »
Here's the podcast they announced it on today; go to 13 minute mark to hear details:   http://emotiva.com/podcasts/04-04-13/podcast.mp3

TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
I like it.  I think both companies make great products and are looked upon in the industry in the same way.  The big boys pooh pooh Emotiva as entry level when in actuality I think it's very well built and designed at the fraction of the cost.  We know how the industry feels about Bob, there's a strong love/hate relationship.  I did not re-subscribe to Stereophile magazine because of the bias they hold towards him.  Every other magazine (print/online) has reviewed the new gear.  From Stereophile?  Nothing.  And I started to notice that they only review what companies place ads in their magazine.  I'm venting now.

Adding Bob to the mix can only further improve upon Emotiva's products as well as help out the company structure of Bob's.  Tube Emotiva gear should be awesome.  It's no secret that Bob is an amazing inventor/designer but does not have the strongest business skills.  I think there are concerns on both sides on how this will work.  I'm sure Emotiva fans are looking at Bob's prices and wondering if E gear will go up. I thought I saw a blurb from one of their heads, on their forum, stating that would not be the case and that Bob gear should actually go down in price.  I am also wondering how this will effect the Sauters and Carver dealers.  I know James and gang have invested a lot of time and energy in the speakers.  And correct me if i'm wrong but I believe Emotiva sales are online and through their website only.

Very cool time, I'll be very curious to see what comes out of this.

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:31:30 PM »
   All I can say is good move.  Nothing is changing on the tube end other than Emotiva will be manufacturing the 20w to 305 tube amps.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
Very interesting.  I will wait and see how things work out.
Got Carver?

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
  Adding Bob to the mix can only further improve upon Emotiva's products   

Which indicates that their current products are lacking and re-enforces why the the big boys pooh pooh Emotiva as entry level.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline treos33

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »
I think this is awesome.

What are you guys gonna say if the price of the amps drops when Emo takes over production?
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if this was their business model all along.  Bob doesn't want to work forever~
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »
I've never heard Emo equipment but as far as my opinion Bob will make out just fine. $$$ for him and an instant distribution hub. I do hope that Carver stays a separate line. Can you imagine Bob going EMO!!!!!!  :laugh:
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
I think you are right Rev,  other than their factory store Emotiva ony uses the web sales channel.  But they could make Bob Carver llc a separate line of business and allow brick and mortar dealers to continue. 

On the Emotiva tube gear possibility:  they could give Vincent Audio a run for their money.  I am not impressed with what they (VA) has done so far, after buying two of their products. A decent hybrid amp from Emotiva would be nice.

Pepe

bmwr75

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »
I have a Vincent SP-331 that sounds very nice.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VISP331

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
Will the name change to Carvemo?   ???
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline treos33

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »
Carvotima or Emotiver  8)
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 01:10:41 PM »
My experience with Vincent Audio was with their entry level integrated.  Sounded like a typical AV receiver in stereo.  The SP-331 is at a different level in the lineup  :P

Offline DaveS

• OCCD Extraordinaire
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
I think I will stick with my Tube City!   >:D >:D >:D