Author Topic: If you like vinyl...  (Read 4383 times)

Offline ClevelandVinyl

• FNG !!!
  • www.ClevelandVinyl.com
If you like vinyl...
« on: November 01, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
Hi Guys,
  Thanks for having me on your forum, I have done business with Tom for the last few years. Nobody upgrades better! Tom recommended I use this forum to introduce myself because as of today I didn't know it existed! I am a big Carver fan(pictures on my web site) and vinyl lover. Check out my web site and eBay store for thousands of audiophile records. I specialize in 1st pressings in the classic rock genre. I use a VPI vacuum machine AND an ULTRASONIC cleaning machine to clean the records to deliver audiophile sound quality. If you have questions about certain pressings or just want to talk vinyl/turntables, amps, whatever, shoot me a line! Check out my web site, www.ClevelandVinyl.com

Also, How do I change out the LED's on my M1.0t? I have been wanting to do that for a while, but have never done it! Thanks
Check my eBay store for my latest Audiophile 1st Pressings. Forum Members get free USA shipping!

www.ClevelandVinyl.com

Offline ClevelandVinyl

• FNG !!!
  • www.ClevelandVinyl.com
Re: If you like vinyl...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
Also forgot to say that ALL forum member get FREE shipping on any purchases on vinyl or audio brochures if you live in the USA! Thanks

Greg
Check my eBay store for my latest Audiophile 1st Pressings. Forum Members get free USA shipping!

www.ClevelandVinyl.com

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »
Welcome! I'll definitely take advantage of teh free shipping offer in the future.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
Welcome to the jungle.  We don't normally take to fondly to Clevelanders, but for a vinylphile we can always make an exception!

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
Greetings Greg!

I have purchased vinyl from you via eBay.  My last purchase was about six months ago.  I will certainly look through your stock.

Regards,

Carl

PS  Welcome to the Forum!
Carl

bearjew

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
welcome to the forum, dude!  i specialize in analog-to-digital conversion, so if you ever want some of your timeless 1st pressings converted, i'm your guy!

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »
how about a road trip to Cleveland!

Offline ClevelandVinyl

• FNG !!!
  • www.ClevelandVinyl.com
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 11:20:08 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys...I was just listening to David Crosby- "If I Could Only Remember My Name". FANTASTIC album on 180 gram remaster. Dead silent background and LOADS of clean bass. It really blows away the re-mastered CD...This may not be the proper place in the forum to discuss, but have you guys done any vinyl vs CD comparisons with a good turntable/preamp setup? It is really amazing the 3d aspect of the record...

www.ClevelandVinyl.com

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »
I don't know if anyone would say I have a good turntable/preamp setup, but I own lots of vinyl that blows away the CD.   I also have some CDs that blow away the vinyl.   Mastering over media.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:34:37 PM by Rest lame brats »

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 05:53:22 AM »
Welcome!  Do you ever get to Pittsburgh?  You need to visit the Shop (and bring some vinyl).
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline ClevelandVinyl

• FNG !!!
  • www.ClevelandVinyl.com
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »
I posted some info on cleaning methods on the reviews section if you are interested in cleaning records and the different ways to do it.

its also here:      http://site.clevelandvinyl.com/How_I_Clean_Records.html

scroll down to find it...

www.ClevelandVinyl.com

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
Greg,

The DAK and the Hunt EDA brushes appear identical in every way.  These are obviously rebranded.  My question is do you know who is actually the mfg. of the brush?  Not that it matters as I agree they are identical and do a great job.
Carl

Offline ClevelandVinyl

• FNG !!!
  • www.ClevelandVinyl.com
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »
Hi Carl,
 I don't, I imagine its a small company in China somewhere...I've tried most dry brushes and those seem to work the best for me, they actually remove dirt(unlike many!) and help remove static. If you really want to remove static though, you have to use a anti static gun.

www.ClevelandVinyl.com

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »
Topic hijack moved here
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable