Author Topic: WTB 7.1 HT receiver w/ HDMIs and pre-outs  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
WTB 7.1 HT receiver w/ HDMIs and pre-outs
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
Looking for a 7.1  HT receiver no more than 2 or 3 years old.... must have the usual hdmi ins/ outs and pre- outs for each channel .... would like something with at least 90 watts per channel ( clean rating with two channels driven etc ) but more is better lol.  So if you are thinking of upgrading ... let's discuss....  going to buy something this week...

a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: WTB 7.1 HT receiver w/ HDMIs and pre-outs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »
Taken care of..... picked up a NOS Marantz 6004 at an unbelievable price!!!!
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: WTB 7.1 HT receiver w/ HDMIs and pre-outs "update"
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
well the rebuilt  Marantz SR6004 arrived from Accessories4less.com DOA.... expensive for a brick lol   not such a great deal after all and a PITA process to remove one receiver, replace it and remove it again and then replace it again on a 7.1 surround system!  What a royal PITA!  I've bought speakers and receivers from Accessories4less previously (all new)....  they were a great to deal with and provided return shipping etc.without any drama. One of the owners is named Mark, nice guy to deal with and very knowledgeable.   They did not have any more SR6004s... so had to pick something different.... ended up with a good deal on a rebuilt SR6007 ($700 off of new retail). It arrived and amazingly it works !!!!!  Enough power to push the the vintage Harman Karden Fifty speakers very nicely! and it even has a phono input! so was able to eliminate the Soundcraftsmen preamp from the shelf!

I have a Marantz SR6005 powering my good system... and even though it is now a couple of years old, I like the both the remote functions and interface much better...  so the 6007 will stay in the garage.... nice that it also has preouts so I can try out amps on the HK Fifty's when the time comes!  It's no wonder that finding used SR6005s is rare. unlike the 6004, 6006.

While I was going through the multiple removals and installs, I did a bunch of rewiring, equipment repositioning and interconnect clean up and even ran a new power line over from the breaker box! another PITA and another story! lol

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:21:31 PM »
All the complex multi channel A/V stuff is a pain.  The last time I torn down and reconfigured my theater (to add a cassette deck to the rack), it took me the better part of a day.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 08:13:15 AM »
yep....  appreciate the sympathy lol    spent days on this, including running the new power line to that part of the garage. tear it down, set it up, tear it down, set it up.... fingers/ hands/ repaired shoulders still hurt lol   My wife is so patient and understanding! Now I have to find homes for all the displaced stuff! its like dominoes lol