Author Topic: Hackers can suck hot diarrhea out of my asshole...  (Read 3996 times)

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
Hackers can suck hot diarrhea out of my asshole...
« on: February 01, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »
I AM SO PISSED!!

My primary email address was hacked by some asshole, probably from the Ukraine, & they sent this bullshit out to everyone on my address book:

"I am writing this to you with tears and pains, My family and I came down here to Kiev, Ukraine on a short visit, Unfortunately for us we got mugged at the park of our hotel, All money, credit card and cell phones were stolen away from us, luckily for us we still have our passports saved with us. Our credit cards can't be charged by the hotel because we have already reported it as a stolen card and the card company had canceled it, we can only get a new one when we make it back home safely.We have been to the Embassy and the Police but they're not helping issues at all, Our return flight leaves soon, we're having financial problems sorting our hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we sort the bills. We need your help with some money i will surely refund it back to you..Best Regards"

Then they changed my settings to forward all incoming emails to a hotmail account that had the same prefix as my yahoo email.   All email I received since last Monday are forwarded & gone forever.  They also deleted ALL MY CONTACTS...YEARS WORTH, GONE.

If I had 10 minutes in a room alone with this jackass, I'd commit atrocities punishable as war crimes....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THESE BASTARDS!!!
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Bunni

Re: Hackers can suck hot diarrhea out of my asshole...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
The message part of that is pretty old, like years old.  I remember we received a similar message about someone we know several years ago, different place.  It was just a spoofing thing, and the email owner wasn't very diligent about keeping his system clean.

They use whatever is timely I guess.  Scammy bastards.

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Bunni

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »
Yeah I never use Yahoo, gmail or whatever as my main email.  I use what is provided by my ISP.  They are usually more secure.  Yahoo has never been great about dealing with spoofers, hackers, etc.

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about your email troubles.  I was hacked about a year ago while I happened to be on line and saw emails going out my inbox.  I changed passwords and it stopped.  I was very lucky.
Got Carver?

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
Yeah I never use Yahoo, gmail otheretever as my main email.  I use what is provided by my ISP.  They are usually more secure.  Yahoo has never been great about dealing with spoofers, hackers, etc.

I dont think they are less secure, they are a bigger target for hackers because there are more users.
If someone wants to get into your account, they will find a way.

Google offers 2 factor authentication which ties a constantly changing pin number along with your password to your account.
You have to pair a mobile device to your account and run an app which displays a new pin every 30 secs. The tech is similar to those RSA key generators. Does your ISP offer something like that?
What does your ISP do that makes them more secure?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:43:29 PM by Rest lame brats »
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Bunni

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »
Yeah I never use Yahoo, gmail otheretever as my main email.  I use what is provided by my ISP.  They are usually more secure.  Yahoo has never been great about dealing with spoofers, hackers, etc.

I dont think they are less secure, they are a bigger target for hackers because there are more users.
If someone wants to get into your account, they will find a way.

Google offers 2 factor authentication which ties a constantly changing pin number along with your password to your account.
You have to pair a mobile device to your account and run an app which displays a new pin every 30 secs. The tech is similar to those RSA key generators. Does your ISP offer something like that?
What does your ISP do that makes them more secure?

Yahoo has had trouble with security for years, and from my experience, nothing much has changed to make it any better.  I get more spam email on that account than any of my others combined.  Yahoo IM is far worse.  Trillian has a nice fix for some Yahoo issues, so that's what I use.

I'm also an Outlook user, and I don't like the idea of having to pay extra in order to have my Yahoo mail show up in Outlook. 

I like Gmail for the reasons you mention, however, I'm still more comfortable with my ISP provided email.  If you don't have a cell phone (I know most do these days, but not everyone) the feature doesn't help much.

My comment was more about my own level of comfort and experience.  I've never been a fan of web based email services.  Those services, have been compromised more than once over time.  I can't say the same for the ISP provided services I've had over the years since 1980something.  Perhaps they are just more attentive.  It's just my own experience, your mileage may vary :)

SunnyDaze

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:43:09 PM »
Boot from a virtual machine.

Disable all scripts, Java, flash, etc...

Use VPN.

Use TOR.

Anonymous is safe.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 06:44:43 AM »
Boot from a virtual machine.

Disable all scripts, Java, flash, etc...

Use VPN.

Use TOR.

Anonymous is safe.

Yup, but unfortunately that doesn't protect your account if the service provider is hacked.

Fwiw, you can download VMware player for free and they offer ready to run web appliance images for safe browsing.

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 07:19:32 AM »
From:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/31/yahoo_mail_users_change_your_password_now/
The company said that it has reset the passwords on accounts connected to what it termed a "third party database compromise"

Why did they turn over the passwords? Duh.

Oh, BTW  yahoo is now implementing two factor authentication. And you don't need a smartphone. They can send codes via a text or voice call, but it's less convenient. You can also use  The app on a tablet or handheld mobile device.