Audio Discussion > List your system

Biamp SM/23 active Crossover - Before

(1/2) > >>

OldiesButGoodies:
Some "before" pics of the SM-23 I am rebuilding.  Nick recommended this x-over as a good choice from his experience w the VMPSs.  $30 on ebay,  but in terrible shape.  Still,  with all its ugliness it sounded pretty darn good,  so I am rebuilding it.  New caps, repainting the case,  new knobs, and perhaps new op amps (this last one may not come to be as I think the ones in there already are pretty good).  Will post "after" pics later.

OldiesButGoodies:
Just finished recapping the SM-23 with gorditas Dayton Audio caps.  Making them fit was a bit of a shore,  but the point was to have a blast doing it and that I did.  New power cord and control knobs, cleaned pots and I am set to go.  Will compare it against the Peavey after burn in.  Sounds good so far.   ;D

The Infinitys are off maintenance and back on duty:   

The Mexican Recapper

MacGeek:
Looks like you moved the Infinitys closer to the rear wall.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
The xover looks good.   I have a whole bag of knobs I pulled from an old Peavey board a friend was trashing.   I would have given you what you needed in my last care package had I known.

OldiesButGoodies:
The knobs I bought are ok but not ideal.  Set by a hex screw vs. striated,  and [more irritating] the skirt does not get down far enough (close to the face plate) to look original.  Can I pop by and steal a few knobs from ya?  I am off today. 

THANKS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version