Author Topic: TV/Movie audio sucks, and I'm trying to fix it.  (Read 6490 times)

Anders

Re: TV/Movie audio sucks, and I'm trying to fix it.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »
I agree, its the dynamic range that makes movie sound more interesting.

bearjew

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:30 PM »
i don't have a problem with dynamics.  i have a problem with the way these tards seem to utilize it.  there's no reason for some of these extreme changes.

BB3

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »
Sorry for the trouble you are having. Most newer equipment such as A/V Receivers and Processors utilize a little gem called Dolby Volume which takes care of that issue you are having automatically.
That being said, even older equipment, once you dive deeper into their vast menu sections, will have setting provisions for each of your individual inputs, such as.....Tv, cable box, blu-ray, dvd,etc.

Try looking into that and let me know how things turn out.-------------Take Care, Bill Blake

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
i don't have a problem with dynamics.  i have a problem with the way these tards seem to utilize it.  there's no reason for some of these extreme changes.

Yes, I don't think you are looking for compression as much as you are peak limiting.   The FCC put some rules in place a while back, but of course nobody enforces them.

bearjew

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 12:59:12 AM »
Yes, I don't think you are looking for compression as much as you are peak limiting.   The FCC put some rules in place a while back, but of course nobody enforces them.

I know I want peak limiting, but I'm definitely looking for compression.  I never watch TV and expect audio quality; I just want a handle on the volume.  If I watch anything that has high-quality audio, I most likely won't be pulling sound from my TV, thus bypassing this unit.  But for the garbage that comes from the TV, I want this to keep my levels even.