Author Topic: Repair shop suggestions  (Read 5998 times)

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
Re: Repair shop suggestions
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
Vince is an old school, great guy, means well and is honest IMHO. However he is overwhelmed with repairs right now. A lot of people bringing in junk they think is worth incredible amounts of money cause they saw it on a "Reality" show or knows someone who knows someone that told them it's worth X$'s.

He's gotten burned way to many times with repairing an item, calling the customer to come get the item who then doesn't want to pay the repair fee. He has a ton of orphaned gear taking up valuable space.

@Dicky

Not sure what happened but don't judge him on that.

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
Though I'd post an update. I picked up the amp on Saturday. Vince said he had it running, it sounded great and over the course of pretty much an entire day never once shut off. He said it's possible that the speaker wire I had was too thin, or frayed somewhere, etc. So, I bought some better speaker wire, and haven't had any trouble so far (knock on wood). Also, he didn't charge me anything. I was expecting to pay something, like an evaluation fee or something, but it was free.

So , while I didn't really get anything repaired there, I came away with a pretty good feeling about the place.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Anders

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
I know Vince pretty well and I have a good idea of what he can and can't do.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »
Hardly ever had a problem with anything Vince has repaired for me, if so I brought it back he figured it out at no additional cost.

It's pretty cool that for a region of this size there are still very competent repair techs at our disposal, from Tom & Anders, the guy down in Bellvue and Vince. I think we are pretty fortunate in that regard.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
One other thing, there are lurkers on this forum who rarely if ever post so be careful what you say, think or feel about other people as it might get back to them.

Bunni

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 06:56:40 PM »
One other thing, there are lurkers on this forum who rarely if ever post so be careful what you say, think or feel about other people as it might get back to them.

If an honest opinion or experience of someone's product or service is going to hurt their feelings, then they probably shouldn't be in business in the first place. 

Positive and negative feedback are both tools to learn from.