Author Topic: Klipsch Cornwalls  (Read 4072 times)

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
Klipsch Cornwalls
« on: January 28, 2015, 08:13:34 PM »
Here are the Klipsch Cornwalls I picked up. I haven't gotten to cleaning them up and fiddling about with them. As of right now, the K-77 M (tweeter) drivers are both bad, everything else is in good working order. One grill needs repaired, the other is in good shape, just needs new velcro.

If anyone is interested in them as they stand, let me know and we can work out a price.
Alternatively, if anyone wants them to be upgraded but doesn't want to do it themselves, I can do the crossover upgrades and replace the diaphragm or replace the driver with the Crites upgrade. There's no titanium diaphragm available for this model do the best of my knowledge, unfortunately. We can work out a price and have you bankroll the upgrade costs, I'm out of $funds$ for a project like this.

All images posted here, they'll change as I clean the unit up and such:
http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Uzrnaim/library/Klipsch%20Cornwalls

Offline AdamG

Re: Klipsch Cornwalls
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:15:57 PM »
Serial Numbers are 34Y453 and 33X515, meaning '82(X) and '83(Y) manufacturing dates, for anyone who is into that. I forgot to post them earlier.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
I wish I had the room.   Those are like my Hereseys on steroids.

GLWTS!

Offline AdamG

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »
Having heard heresys, there's no comparison on the midbass/bass region. These really put them to shame. I would venture to say that there's no need for a subwoofer when running these, and I really have a thing for subwoofers.  :laugh:   The Tactile effect of these even on moderate power (I've got 35W from my Marantz in use) is unreal, and they effortlessly get to output levels above comfort (and long-term safety) with no signs of slowing.

Offline AdamG

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
Well, I decided to refinish these and replace the bad diaphragms. There will be some progress pictures uploaded to the photobucket page listed ahead. Going with Boiled Linseed oil, going to do 3 coats over the next few days. You can see some comparisons of the first layer of oil and the washed-but-not-oiled surface.

Offline GWH

• FNG !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
I am interested.

Offline AdamG

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »
I am interested.

They're currently getting worked on, but feel free to send me a private message and we can figure something out.

Offline AdamG

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »
New Diaphragms are in, still planning on doing another coat of the Boiled Linseed after a few more days. Still need to glue-up one of the grills where it is cracked.

They sound 10x better when there's actually treble. Go from good speakers to great speakers in a hurry.

Offline DVGuy

• FNG !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
Are these listed on CL now @$650?

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 07:25:57 PM »
I understand they are sold.

Offline AdamG

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »
These are sold to a fellow forum member. Enjoy!