Author Topic: My next watch...  (Read 3612 times)

SunnyDaze

Re: My next watch...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:13:12 AM »

http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/Classic/MRW200H-1BV/

I have one of these as a beater and I love it. $15 online.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:53:16 AM »
will check it out as well.  i travel a lot and really appreciate having a digital chronograph to track time to destination (though these days  many of the planes I use have a monitor with a gps map and all the info you could ask for).  being able to change time zones quickly is cool too.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:03:06 AM »
I was always partial to Citizen Eco Drives... no battery. You can find them pretty darn cheap on ebay. They look a little nicer than a piece of plastic on your wrist and have more comfortable bands. Did have a G Shock for a while, but it was too thick/ big for my wrist.  Had a cheap watch from Eddie Bower (spelling) with a leather band that I wore for years... nice analog dial with the electronic features and it didn't draw attention to itself... very comfortable.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 09:16:39 AM »
I have a G shock, use it for diving and a s a beater.  But like you state it is too thick - tough to wear with long-sleeve shirts.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »
If you want to stay with a G-Shock, check out the G-300ML. It's got a strap long enough to go over a wet suit (it fits my 9 inch wrist and then some), plus all the digital features you're after, and it's not large or bulky by any means. It wears the same as a Seiko 007.

http://www.casio.com/products/archive/Watches/G-Shock/G300ML-1A/

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »
I am with Jim, I love the Eco-Drives.  Thin, comfortable easy to wear.  It's not a hockey puck with a band
Carl