Author Topic: River Current Cables  (Read 22147 times)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
River Current Cables
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »
Hello everyone, I spoke about this briefly in the "Make Your Own Cables" thread but I'm pleased to announce our new speaker cable company called River Current Cables!
We are starting by placing our focus on high end speaker cables and will move into bi-amp and cable accessories.  Through a partnership with Tom, we will be selling these at Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh.  We will have a few sets available in the next week or two to check out.  I would love for you to stop by the shop, audition these, and tell us what you think.  In the meantime, check us out at: www.rivercurrentcables.com

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: River Current Cables
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
They look nice Rev! You got a price in mind????  ;D
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 10:46:56 PM »
That's cool Rev! Love the name.
Look forward to auditioning them at a future club event.
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline Reverend

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:07:06 PM »
They look nice Rev! You got a price in mind????  ;D

We do but we're not 100% on it yet.  We should have a number by this weekend but I can tell you they will be very affordable.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »
Nice :D

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »
I'm looking forward to trying them out. Love the name!!!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:06:16 AM »
very nice.
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »

I hope your cables are as nice as your logo!
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

BB3

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
REV,
This is just awesome news. I am extremely happy for you. I look forward to be able to patronize your product.

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)

Offline Reverend

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »
Thanks Bill.  Hopefully we've created a good quality, reasonably priced product.  We were hoping to have a few sets available this weekend but we ran into an issue with one of our suppliers.  It turned out to be a good thing as we found one well known high end brand is allowing distributors to make their product and slap their name on it.  That's a no no in my book.  It makes me wonder how many other companies are doing this.

We'll have sets available for the meeting on the 30th.  I'm looking forward to having everyone do some a/b testing at the shop and get your input/suggestions on how we can make the product better.  I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone as I've been a slacker and haven't been to a meeting yet.  :(

BB3

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
REV,

I think the above situation that you are speaking about happens quite often with these speaker cable companies, REV. ::)

It's truly  amazing to me the differences that cables can make and or the arguments that can be created on the subject.

Fine Strand Copper vs A Thicker Spiral Winding Copper And Whether You Should Run The Fine Strand To The Highs And The Thicker Spiral Wrap To The Lows, Or Even One Set Type To All Connections ?

We Then Can Even Get Into The Whole Copper vs Silver Thing As Well.....Is Silver Better For The Highs And Copper For The Lows, Or Vice-Versa. Or Even How About This Situation In This Category.....One Brand Comes Readily To Mind In Their Marketing Of Their 10 Gauge Cable(AcousticResearch). Get This....How About A Combination Of Both Silver And Copper In Where As The Silver And Copper Are Spirally Wrapped Together ? I Truly Wonder How That Combination Works ???? Like A Piece Of Cable "Knows" Where To Divert Its Signal To ? Geez.....In Other Words, Let's See "This Speaker Would Sound Better If I Use My Silver For The Highs And My Copper For The Lows, Or Again, Vice-Versa".

Who Knows ???? I Could Be Dead Ass Wrong On The Above About The Acoustic Reasearch Cable ? It Could Very Well Be The "Best Of Both Worlds" ?

I'm Really Looking Forward To Getting Together With You In Enjoying And Examining This Subject, REV. Can't Wait Really......

Above All Else And For What It's Worth To You ?....I Can't Begin To Tell How Truly Impressed I Am With You In Having The Guts To Start A Company Like This For Yourself. I'm Humbled And Totally Blown Away......WOW !! I Just Don't Get To See And Hear About To Many People  Often, Who Are Passionate About Something And Then Making It And Turning It Into Reality, And You've Done That My Friend. I Can't Tell You How Happy And Excited I Am For You REV. It's Totally Awesome That You Are Doing This.

So Until We Get Together In The Next Couple Of Weeks......All The Best REV, Now And In The Future.

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)

Offline Reverend

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
Thanks Bill, it means a lot.

Offline Reverend

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
New Promo Photo

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »
Price Rev??????
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Reverend

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »
Price varies due to length and connectors.  Currently we have several pairs of 8 footers for sale for $190.

Here's the link to them on Vintage Hifi: http://vintagehifipgh.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_62&products_id=436

Check out our site for further specs:  http://www.rivercurrentcables.com/3.html