Author Topic: River Current Cables  (Read 22149 times)

Offline Turtle

• Basshole!
Re: River Current Cables
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
Rev,
The website looks really good, congratulations on getting the project up and running so quickly.

Don
When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Marantz SA15S2/Rega P3, Parasound P3, Parasound A21, Monitor Audio RS6

BB3

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »
REV,

I saw your cables at the last meeting :o, my god do they look nice. I'll try to get together with Tom on a Tuesday at the store when I have a little more time to give them a serious listen.

As of right now and for what it's worth, I am very very impressed. :) Now one thing remains............I've got to get the word out for you REV on the streets on how nice the River Current Cables really are. ;) ;D

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it.  We have our material suppliers all locked in finally, we had to make some changes due to availability.  Here's some things that we've been working on lately:

1) Revamped the website and added a few more things like projects/news page - www.rivercurrentcables.com

2) Completed our testing of our bi-ampable cables.  These things are monsters!  Around 1" thick, still very flexible, great sound.  We did some A/B testing with a pair of Magnepan 1.6QR's and my buddy's new pair of Klipsch WF-35's.  Wow!

3) We're playing around with a cable with an inline module that would have variable resistance settings.

4) Most importantly, we're working on getting some t-shirts made so Tom doesn't have to keep buying that Canadian swill to clothe himself

Please spread the word.  If anyone has questions, comments or suggestions my e-mail address is listed on the forum and on the website.  It seems we're getting a lot of interest in custom sizes, custom installations such as 3 or 5 channel setups.  We're happy to oblige.

Attached is a photo of one of our assembly sessions.

NATOE

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »
What i tried the other day was with all this snow outside I filled up one of my good Coleman coolers and ran my monster cables threw the lid and made a coil with the snow all around and let that stuff get nice and cold.Boy what a difference in the sound with that wire ICE COLD,that was on my solid state gear.Now for the tube stuff i used the same cooler and a fish tank heater to warm that melted snow to a nice luke warm temp 81.5f to put some resistance in the line.The heat worked better for the tube stuff but not the ss. I have to keep up with this I think dry ice will be my next move.I will update asap

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »
What i tried the other day was with all this snow outside I filled up one of my good Coleman coolers and ran my monster cables threw the lid and made a coil with the snow all around and let that stuff get nice and cold.Boy what a difference in the sound with that wire ICE COLD,that was on my solid state gear.Now for the tube stuff i used the same cooler and a fish tank heater to warm that melted snow to a nice luke warm temp 81.5f to put some resistance in the line.The heat worked better for the tube stuff but not the ss. I have to keep up with this I think dry ice will be my next move.I will update asap
Chilling the cables...what an idea....I'm trying to keep the amp cool..... :-[... I think I'll put that bad boy in a bucket and ....NAW!!!!!!!  :P :P :P
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Magnaryder

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Ray Campbell, Rush chairman, damn glad to meet you
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:52 PM »
You could always try a cool-can like bracket racers do. Its a metal can that the fuel lines are coiled through that is full of ice. Colder fuel =more RWHP. Colder wires=better sound????

BWAAAHAHAHA

ray
Magnaryder-EAR Yoshino V20 Integrated amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Rega P3TT,SME 3009 arm, Grado Statement Master1 cart, 2018 CarverFest 275 Amplifiers, CarverFest 2011 EL84 amplifiers Nos 50/51 Stax Earspeakers, Spatial Audio M3 OB loudspeakers and the Carver Research DarkStar sub.

BB3

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »
REV, What Are Those Beer Bottles Doing On Your Work Bench ? ??? ;)hehehehe.-----BILL

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »
Like your web site.  Well done.  I would be intrested in a t-shirt.  Would be needing a 3XL Tall.
Got Carver?

Offline icravcarver

• Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »
Nice website.  I have been to Tom's shop and I have to say, I am impressed.  The build quality is very top notch and good looking to boot!  Good luck with your venture.  If you keep the prices reasonable, you should be able to fair well vs some of the larger players and their snake oil tactics.

Neil
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

Offline Reverend

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:12 PM »
Thanks Neil!

Offline Reverend

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 08:26:38 AM »
Due to several requests we now have 6" jumpers.  8awg, gold plated cooper 1/4-5/16" spade connectors
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:14:53 AM by RevAmish »

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »
Do to several requests we now have 6" jumpers.  8awg, gold plated cooper 1/4-5/16" spade connectors
Very nice RevAmish.
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

BB3

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 01:39:48 PM »
Due to several requests we now have 6" jumpers.  8awg, gold plated cooper 1/4-5/16" spade connectors

Even More Impressive Stuff From You, REV. 8) Somehow I'm Not Surprised Though...... ;)--------

--------BILL(BB3)

NATOE

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:20 PM »
http://www.aperionaudio.com/AperionU/choose_speaker-wiring.aspx
http://www.hps4000.com/pages/spksamps/speaker_wire.pdf
Just some good reading here,should shed a little light on the subject.

And yes the same 16ga wire is used for the rc cables in the same truck.

Maybe I'll call my friend that works for nep and you can tell him that everything will be sound a lot better with BIGGER WIRE and to forget what the ee's have concluded on this subject.NOT. lmao.

I guess those electrical engineers don't have a clue, what do they know anyway.

Offline icravcarver

• Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »

PRICE ???   Inquiring minds want to know.
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100