Author Topic: Bunch Of Stuff FS  (Read 7669 times)

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
Bunch Of Stuff FS
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
I picked up a bunch of things this week that I don't really want or need. The price was right, though.

Here we go:
Yamaha CR-400 Receiver -- Cosmetically in great shape. It is blowing the speaker protection fuses and I don't know why. Need some TLC. $25 gets it.

Harman Kardon Three Thirty Receiver -- In good shape overall. One knob is missing its little cosmetic cap. There is a DC offset issue, and some ultra-high-frequency (like 200+khz) oscillation going on. Odds are it needs new capacitors. It will pass sound as-is, however. $25

Panasonic Model RE-7670 Receiver -- Has rca connections for speaker outputs, it asks for 16ohm speakers but tested well enough with 8ohm at decent volume. It is quite small, looks awesome, and would make a sweet little bedroom rig. Has a phono input and a tape input, as well as built in am/fm. $30

Lafayette model SQA-50 4-channel amplifier -- This unit is TINY! 4-channel amplifier, I believe it has some built-in logic as well as the ability to play discrete 4-channel input. Sounded pretty good in testing, may keep this one just because it is so cool and spotless on the inside. It has RCA outputs for speakers as well, 8ohm rated. $40

Realistic QA-680 -- Another 4-channel amplifier. This one doesn't have a fuse in it and I don't have an acceptable replacement at the moment to test it out. As it sits, $25.

I'll entertain offers on this stuff, as well as good pricing if you take the whole lot or combine with any other stuff you find at my place while you're here.

There are (crappy cell phone) pictures at the photobucket album link below. If you'd like better pictures of a piece or detail just let me know and I'd be glad to oblige.

http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Uzrnaim/library/Amplifier%20Lot%204-30-15

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Bunch Of Stuff FS
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »
Where are you again, Adam?   I may be interested in the Rat Shack quad.   I'll have to do some research when I'm not at work.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »
Good stuff for the annual swap meet!
Carl

Offline AdamG

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:10:18 PM »
I'm down in Morgantown, WV. About 1hr 15 min south from downtown Pittsburgh. It's an easy enough drive, 79 is pretty quick.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
Nevermind.   A quick search shows that the unit doesn't have a decoder, just quad in/out.   It won't meet my needs.   Thanks anyway and GLWTS.

Offline AdamG

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
The Lafayette has a decoder, there's some info available in the article you can get form Hifiengine: http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/lafayette/new-sound-of-sq.shtml

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 03:39:12 PM »
If anyone needs something from Adam,  I am scheduled to be in Morgantown all day Monday... 

Regards,

OBG

Offline hewlew1

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 11:32:18 PM »
I am interested in the Yamaha and the Harman Kardon is there anyway I could get these at the upcoming swap meet? Thanks Harry

Offline AdamG

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 12:43:42 AM »
I am interested in the Yamaha and the Harman Kardon is there anyway I could get these at the upcoming swap meet? Thanks Harry

Unfortunately I'm not going to make it up there. You may be able to work something out with Pepe (Oldiesbutgoodies) for pickup this upcoming Monday from Morgantown to Pittsburgh. You could paypal me the $$ and deal with taking care of Pepe on pickup, I'm not sure what his fee is, last I checked it was a new sombrero.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »
IPA beer   ;D

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
I pay Pepe in minty shaded dogs.

Offline AdamG

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »
In preparation for my upcoming move, this stuff has all been placed in storage at my workplace.

If anyone wants the whole lot except for the Lafayette for $60 come grab it.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 12:29:10 PM »
Harry...you are interested in EVERYTHING!!!!!  :laugh:
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 07:33:12 PM »
STAL first overpays,  then tips, with good vinyl  and tape   8)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 08:41:15 PM »
I pay Pepe in minty shaded dogs.

Currency in its own right.

We were at a group homebrew event yesterday at a local brewery supply. One of my friends had recently been in Vermont and brought back the highly coveted Heady Topper. It too was traded like currency with the beer nerds at the event.

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable