Author Topic: Reference Tapes  (Read 2143 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Reference Tapes
« on: May 11, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »
Carl,  Klaus:

Seeking your help if perchance you can provide it.  I think one or both of you have 2 track machines that have been professionaly adjusted and even recapped recently.  I need help recording a few test tones and music samples on one such machine to facilitate my repair efforts.  It would take maybe half an hour to do so, I can bring a microphone to mark the recordings (and a blank tape, of course). 

Let me know if that is doable - would appreciate it.

Regards,

Pepe

PS - Carl - I need to return a tape to you,  have not forgotten...

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: Reference Tapes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 06:03:27 PM »
Greetings Pepe!

I have only 4 track machines.  My Teac was calibrated to Maxell to the model UD Maxell tape that you have from me.  Return it only after you have listened to it and copied it.

Regards,

Carl

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:12:56 PM »
Pepe-I have both 2 and 4 track machines that run at 7 1/2 or 15 ips.  I also have a 4 track machine that runs at 3 3/4 or 7 1/2.  That machine also has dolby B noise reduction.  We can get together almost anytime, with a little notice.  The two track is a Teac and has adjustable bias.  The 4 tracks are Tandberg and Revox units

I have a library of test tones, if it helps.  Recording can be form the source via the Aux inputs, or via Mics, with tones played through the system.

Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 06:41:45 PM »
Thank you both...

Klaus - will contact you later this week to coordinate, sounds like you can help me with the two-track problem. 

Carl - working to resolve this temporary 4 track 10" playback limitation.

Regards,

OBG

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »
Pepe- If it helps (and you probably know this), a 4 track machine can be recorded one way only to make a 2 track compatible tape and a 2 track recording can be played on a 4 track stereo machine.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77