Author Topic: WTB subwoofer amp plate or box  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
WTB subwoofer amp plate or box
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:29:44 PM »
Long story, (and I didn't do it) but the plate amp in my 4.5 cf DIY subwoofer w 12" driver got shorted out on Friday. Of course right before the party,  thus it was MIA on Saturday... Before I order something from Parts Express or Ebay thought I'd ask here if anyone has something appropriate to sell. Don't care if it's a plate of box amp . The amp that got shorted was a Dayton 300 watt BASH plate amp...
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: WTB subwoofer amp plate or box
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:59 PM »
Was someone else looking for this as well?

This may not be what you're looking for, but I throw it out there...I've got a Boston MCS 130 I think, have to dig it out to know for sure. It was in one of those home theater in box scams. It looks like a upside trash can or something. The woofer is good, but something on the plate amp is not happy. Plug it in and it makes a ton of noise. You can have the dang thing, I planned to tinker with sometime but that hasn't happened for a couple years now.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
I'd give you back the one you gave me, but I recapped it and now it doesn't work.    :'(

I suck.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »
lol  sincerely thanks to both you guys for your offers.... but not something I want to mess with at that level. May look at a vintage carver amp that can be bridged and still sound good in a sub woofer application.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...