Author Topic: Tape Deek Collection: Pioneer CT-F7171  (Read 1992 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Tape Deek Collection: Pioneer CT-F7171
« on: November 19, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »
IMG_1148.jpg by Jose Sifontes, on Flickr

This 7171 also popped up in my car's trunk magically one day.  What is cool about it is the laid back transport  (cassette seats at 45 degrees or so, not vertical), and it is wearing a beautiful wood case.  You know how people get you to adopt dogs by threatening to take them to a kill shelter? Same thing here - Tom told me he has going to throw this baby in the trash if I didn't take it with me, so I had to. No idea how it will sound when I get it going, but it sure is a pretty thing.   Yes,  I am obsessed with tape deeks.

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Tape Deek Collection: Pioneer CT-F7171
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:52:46 PM »
Pepe-obsessed explains it.  Otherwise I thought you were just trying to increase your post count (getting close to 2000).
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Tape Deek Collection: Pioneer CT-F7171
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:16:40 PM »
Klaus - just want us to turn the focus back to vintage hifi and stop beating up on Tom.  I know Tom would like nothing better than to return the equipment to the folks clamoring for it - but it is never that simple.  You try to return one piece and they start barking "you should pay return shipping"  or "you better pack it right"  or "I am going to sue you no matter what".   That is reality.  They present this fake reality here of just wanting equipment back and that they will pay to get it back . When the rubber meets the road they want a lot more.   Humanity is not pretty most of the time.  So I have no patience for the turds complaining here,  as if we have ownership units in VHFOP.   What I/we do have is a desire and pockets deep enough to protect our friends from idiots,  so roll the dice and do your thing. Or be patient and wait until he can get the equipment back to you.