Author Topic: Tape Deek Collection: Teac X-2000R  (Read 2402 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Tape Deek Collection: Teac X-2000R
« on: November 19, 2015, 08:17:49 PM »
IMG_1153.jpg by Jose Sifontes, on Flickr

This is the mighty Teac X-2000R,  sold to me by Carl.  It is a 4 track RTR with DBX encoding that actually sounds ok.  This one has been recapped and had new heads installed circa 2012,  along with a blue-LED lighting mod that matches my Emotiva pre.   It is a cool unit - can record in both directions and the quality of the tapes is to be respected. I had t adjust the forward erase head,  and may do some tweaking on the heads once I get the MRL calibration tape. The case is wrapped in wood veneer that Carl did himself,  with guidance from F1nut (who I believe is a pro carpenter).  Very purdy. 

PS - all the medicine bottles are for the 12AX7 tubes I frequently swap in my DAC - this is not my Xanax supply!

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: Tape Deek Collection: Teac X-2000R
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 12:22:28 AM »
Sniff . . . . . Sniff   :'(   :'(   :'( 
Carl

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 07:45:37 AM »
IMG_1153.jpg by Jose Sifontes, on Flickr

This is the mighty Teac X-2000R,  sold to me by Carl.  It is a 4 track RTR with DBX encoding that actually sounds ok.  This one has been recapped and had new heads installed circa 2012,  along with a blue-LED lighting mod that matches my Emotiva pre.   It is a cool unit - can record in both directions and the quality of the tapes is to be respected. I had t adjust the forward erase head,  and may do some tweaking on the heads once I get the MRL calibration tape. The case is wrapped in wood veneer that Carl did himself,  with guidance from F1nut (who I believe is a pro carpenter).  Very purdy. 

PS - all the medicine bottles are for the 12AX7 tubes I frequently swap in my DAC - this is not my Xanax supply!

Where do you keep your Xanax?

That deck does look pretty though.
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »
Where do you keep your Xanax?
You don't think that all those pill bottles have tubes in them do you????:laugh:
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!