Author Topic: Not enough space  (Read 2592 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Not enough space
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
The Fairfax speakers aren't going anywhere, they are hands down the best speaker I've found coupled with my 10 watt tube amp. Great natural sound and presence, I've pushed them up to 4 o'clock on the dial and they just get bigger sound. Problem is they are enormous and space is limited.

My wife is fairly patient when it comes to my little habit, however she wants things to be unobtrusive and organized. She's away til Friday so I got to make this work better. I'm thinking of anchoring the box above the TV to the wall and moving the two towers to the wall on the right. Not the most elegant setup, but I can't live with the speakers blocking the rack in the left corner. I sent her the pic above hours ago and haven't heard back  >:D

Offline MacGeek

Re: Not enough space
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
I like it!  Got a closet, garage or attic to stash the extras for awhile?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:47:22 PM »
I like it!  Got a closet, garage or attic to stash the extras for awhile?

I had already moved two pair of speakers to garage. The three pair shown all stay, BA A150's are the mains for TV, the Sansui and Fairfax are on a Niles switch for the turntable/tubes rack, which is behind the left stack. Moving the towers beside the TV would be easy enough, but the space I'd like to move them to has an old Magnavox console, which doesn't get used but has sentimental value, got to clear out a garage spot for that.   

We had that entertainment center built about 8 yrs ago, before we moved in and it was nice. Now, after my audio rebirth it's just not a great fit anymore. That's just the side effect of doing everything hodge podge as I go. We don't plan to stay in this house long term, maybe another 2-3 yrs, I already have a sense of what I need in a basement for the next place.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 07:36:23 PM »
Too much gear can be a good or a really bad problem to have!  You have only so much time for listening.
Carl

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 08:07:59 PM »
I got the green light to move the towers. It's a trap!!!

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:44 AM »
Depends on what it's going to "cost" you.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77