Author Topic: Hey Yanks!!!!  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Hey Yanks!!!!
« on: June 12, 2016, 03:22:14 PM »
Come on guys.....I'm the only poster in 4 days!!!!!! WE can do better than that!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Hey Yanks!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »
I guess all the good jokes have gone South...
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:17:34 PM »
Ya - it i sad.  I need to post about the teac A-3440 I am testing (amazing deck),  or about the phase linear 2000 pre.  or my search for a bad ass passive sub.  we are slacking.   

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:58:48 PM »
my search for a bad ass passive sub. 

"Bad ass" musical, or "bad ass" moves mountains of air?

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:37:21 PM »
To be honest the subs are not on when I listen to music (net of the bass drivers inside the Triton Ones).  So bad ass for movies,  to be driven by an outboard amp and tuned with room eq wizard.    :(|)

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 08:25:05 AM »
Ya - it i sad.  I need to post about the teac A-3440 I am testing (amazing deck),  or about the phase linear 2000 pre.  or my search for a bad ass passive sub.  we are slacking.
I got a couple of those Pepe...what are you doing...going for a Phase Linear lineup?
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 05:52:03 PM »
To be honest the subs are not on when I listen to music (net of the bass drivers inside the Triton Ones).  So bad ass for movies,  to be driven by an outboard amp and tuned with room eq wizard.    :(|)

Get a big old PA folded horn.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »
Been so busy with dirt, grass, rocks, pools, etc to spend much time doing anything else. Now that the playoffs are over I've been thinking of doing my first recapping job on a $5 pioneer sx1000td I've been using.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:07 PM »
I got a couple of those Pepe...what are you doing...going for a Phase Linear lineup?

The idea is to have a second setup based on phase linear/contemporaneous stuff  to use in my upstairs office.   Or use it as the shop system.  I like the phase linear look a lot.  Missing one of the original front plate hex screws,   need to go hunting for one.  I did not expect the 400 to sound as good as it does - tempted to try it on the main system... 

Offline RuralTom

• Audio Geek!
  • Receiving Aural Pleasure....
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
My miniDSP and mike arrived last night, but I didn't have enough time to do anything with it.  I'm busy again tonight, but I'm off on Wednesday and will take as much time as needed to get it up and running.  I hope that the learning curve isn't too steep.. and that it makes a palpable difference once it's in!
preamp: BAT VK-5
amp: Altec 944sa
DAC:  Bel Canto 2.5
CDP: Pioneer Elite DV-47a
Intel NUC server / iFi micro iUSB3.0 / Roon
Spendor FL9