Author Topic: Killer rack pics  (Read 4253 times)

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
Killer rack pics
« on: July 19, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »
Hey guys,

There has been a lack of posting lately in this cool little community, so i'll try to jump start activity with this little tidbit.

I got a great deal on a rack and reconfigured my setup. 

Two systems shown here:

Solid State:  Carver C-1 --> Carver m500t --> Klipsch Forte II + Sunfire truesub

Tube:  Audio Research SP-6b (tele 12ax7) --> Carverfest 20watt (Siemens E84L) --> River Current Cables --> Van L transmission line speakers

Associated equip: Pro-ject debut III with grado gold, Nakamichi CR-4a, Arcam DAC, Rega planet 2000, Carver TX-8 Tuner

I am loving this setup.  Both systems do different things and I use them for different types of music.  I like the high wattage solid state system for its live-like presentation.  Fast,  middy, huge dynamics, unveiled...  The klipsch are reminiscent of a more refined stage monitor or main in a small to med sized club. 
I equally love the seductive and articulate sound of all-tube amplification, rubber surrounds/Dome tweeter for night time listening, imaging, vocal intimacy, balance, texture, liquidity, and ext.  It's a lot more 3-D sounding. 

I had my TT on top of other gear previously, and it didn't sound as stable, the new rack provides great isolation, and is more pleasing aesthetically than the table I had set everything on previously.  I also like that each shelf can be adjusted to any height to accommodate future changes.  I'm a happy guy right now what can I say.

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Killer rack pics
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
Nice rack!  :)  System looks (& probably sounds) great!!!

Enjoy...
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
Thanks a lot George

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:37:47 PM »
You'll have to change your handle to "RacknRoll".

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
Adam,
I still need to make it down to hear you guys practice...  Will you be practicing this Sunday near Sheffield Lanes?  I'll be visiting my mom this Sunday & may have some time...

George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
You'll have to change your handle to "RacknRoll".

Good one!

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 01:40:44 PM »
Adam,
I still need to make it down to hear you guys practice...  Will you be practicing this Sunday near Sheffield Lanes?  I'll be visiting my mom this Sunday & may have some time...

George

George,

We actually changed rehearsal spots.  That was my bassist's place and he has since moved.  Too bad, we could have drank beer and blown out your ear drums.  I am still down there visiting family on Sundays here and there, we will have to make it a point to catch up some time

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »
Looks great. Getting a good rack that makes things look good and gets things organized is still something I'm trying to design in my head. I've got a cheapo rack that I've cut and reinforced and it works for now, but I still lust after a better setup.

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »
Looks great. Getting a good rack that makes things look good and gets things organized is still something I'm trying to design in my head. I've got a cheapo rack that I've cut and reinforced and it works for now, but I still lust after a better setup.

Scorpio,

Designing and building one would be cool.  Your options would be more or less limitless.  Do you have a lot of gear that your typical rack couldn't accommodate, or would you just rather build your own?  A good friend of mine is an iron artist and and i was considering having him build me one, but this popped up for under $50.00 and i pulled the trigger.  Bell'o is the manufacturer.  I see them from time to time.  Two configurations ago I was using a particle board stereo cabinet/rack that was just junk.  Looked like 70s wood paneling and transmitted vibrations LAMF.  You could cause the TT to skip quite easily.  I also posted some threads a while back about my rega planet skipping. This rack seems to have remedied the issue. (fingers crossed)

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »
I wall mounted my table for that reason.   My daughter can jump rope in the room now and it doesn't bother it.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 05:51:33 PM »
I have my rack in a corner due to space. It's bolted to the wall with an extra piece of mdf screwed and glued on top for the TT. Concrete slab with laminate wood floor. It's solid. Very few corner racks out there so that is why I'd like to build one. It just holds a TT, tube pre, tube amp, speaker switcher. I installed a sliding slab on the bottom which has a cassette deck and a small box for records. I had my record cleaner there, but it was a pain to use.