Author Topic: Anyone looking for a Q-up  (Read 4149 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Anyone looking for a Q-up
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »
The numbers of time I have left the arm running at the end of an LP is irritatingly high,  probable several hours of worn stylus wasted in that end channel. This will pay for itself by delaying the need to re-tip.  Always good when the jews to unite to get something a bit cheaper than normal! 

Pepe (aka - the mexican jew)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »
Good point

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 06:08:39 PM »
Bringing back a blast from the past...

The Mofi StudioDeck is the first all manual table I have owned. I can deal with manual starts, but not returning at the end just wasn't working. I started my search with the Q-up and if it were the only option I would have got one. I didn't care for the springy pop up. That's when I saw the little fwend and then the AT6006R Safety Raiser. Pricey, but the looks and function were spot on. Installation isn't easy if you have big fingers, but doable. The raiser, riser, whatever has to be reset each time or you'll get a "WTF, why is this record skipping" issue. Other than that, it's been perfect...well except that time I let the table run for almost 4 hours because I forgot the power button needs human input. They are pricey at $130, but cheaper than a new stylus.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 08:27:17 PM »
nice addition to the new table... congrats!
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 08:10:01 AM »
I had one back in the day, when they cost $15 new.  More recently, I was lucky to find one attached to a used turntable I bought just to get the Raiser.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2021, 01:23:01 PM »
Since this thread was revived relatively recently, figure I'd go ahead and mention that, just this morning, I set up the (used) "Little Fwend" I snagged on the Hoffman board last week.  Works like a charm!   
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline geoffr

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2021, 07:01:31 PM »
awful name
Living room: Fisher 400, Thorens TD124, Arcam CD, Klipsch Heresy
Home office: Scott 222c or Fisher KX-200, Thorens TD124, Marantz CD + Peachtree DAC, Omega 3T desktop speakers and Deep Hemp sub
Basement: Rogue Cronus, Meadowlark Kestrel, Rega P25, Marantz CD