Author Topic: TIDAL  (Read 3614 times)

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
TIDAL
« on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
Does anyone using TIDAl know of a way to sync my ipad to iphone in order to use the iphone as an ipad remote?  With Spotify, the iphone functions as a remote allowing me to search, build or change playlists, etc while the ipad is across the room.  I have no found a way to do this with TIDAL.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
Re: TIDAL
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »
Greetings Klaus!

I am using Tidal HiFi.  I am using the Roon software to stream music from my computer to my system downstairs.  I can also play Tital through Roon.  I control everything from my Samsung tablet.  I am not aware of an app, but I believe they exist?
Carl

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »
I use chrome remote to control things on my desktop from the phone,  but your may not like that option because the desktop looks tiny on the iphone screen and, in your case, you are trying to control an ipad, not a desktop. 

Is the ipad connected to a DAC and that is your reason for not using Tidal natively on the iphone?   

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:06:26 PM »
Interesting topic. BJ and I were just disgusting this yesterday. I play TIDAL on my iPhone for portability. When home I typically listen to analog sources but on occasion listen to TIDAL HIFI on my laptop that is connected to my stereo through a Schiit DAC. I would like to control the TIDAL HIFI on my laptop using my iPad or iPhone for convenience. Something simple preferred as I don't use the laptop for anything else. It's a HP running Windows. If you need the version BJ probably knows. Suggestions?
Thx

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
PBJ-From my somewhat limited research, there is/should be a way to use the ipad/phone/tablet to control a pc or laptop.  My PC is across the house and running on a system in that room.  I am using an ipad to run TIDAL HiFi on my main rig, with the ipad sending a digital signal to the DAC.  I hope to find a way to use the iphone (or something) to remotely operate the ipad.  Otherwise I need to find a 20' lighting cable (not likely to be cheap, if available), or get off my butt to make changes in programming (just like vinyl, but why run digital if its manually operated?).

With Spotify, I have the app on both the iphone and ipad and with both running, the phone syncs and operates as a remote for the ipad (slick trick-I didn't do anything to make that happen).

Trying to get the same operation with TIDAL-no luck so far.  In fact each device will operate independently
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

bearjew

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 11:50:10 PM »
It seems like Roon might be the only thing that will allow us to control Tidal.  However, shelling out another 120/year or 500 lifetime is a big commitment for getting my phone to essentially talk to my computer.  I see it's value in a bigger setup, but just for Tidal, it's a pretty extreme purchase.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »
It seems like Roon might be the only thing that will allow us to control Tidal.  However, shelling out another 120/year or 500 lifetime is a big commitment for getting my phone to essentially talk to my computer.  I see it's value in a bigger setup, but just for Tidal, it's a pretty extreme purchase.

BJ - Your Dad can probably control the Windows machine easily from the iPad using Chrome Remote,  which is free.  I use it a lot after discovering it existed from a visit to Raynist.  Great app by the Google people. 

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 06:48:24 PM »

bearjew

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 08:18:12 PM »
Crap

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 08:28:27 PM »
Sir Thrift a Lot:   The official proofreader of the Vintage Hi Fi Forum.