Author Topic: New Rack  (Read 5215 times)

bmwr75

Re: New Rack
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 09:24:15 PM »
They certainly are not audio friendly most times.

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
Go for it Pepe!  Tear it down!  Take a sledgehammer to it!   :(|) :(|) :(|) :P :P :P
Carl

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »
Looks cool!  I am considering getting a Salamander Archetype 5 stand for my setup - looks like you built one yourself.   I am having a contractor pop by to give me a quote on removing the corner fireplace from my basement - never gets used and the brick wall is as acoustically ugly as can be,  want it gone.

If I took a hammer to the fireplace I believe my wife would take the hammer to me while I slept  >:D

The Salamander was my inspiration for this build. I really wanted to do a butcher block type shelf out of 2x4's cut, glued and planed down. maybe next time.

I did take all the components off and dragged it back into the garage for a for coats of poly, painted the rods and put some caps on the top nuts. I do not plan on adjusting the shelves so painting the threads wasn't an issue. For anyone who would like to build one of these on their own, McMaster sells black anodized rods in a variety of sizes: https://www.mcmaster.com/#threaded-rods/=1a3ksmi Anything bigger than what I made would likely benefit from a thicker rod, 5/8 or more. 1/2" worked for me. The local price for 5/8 rods, nuts, and washers was a good bit more. Anyhow, here's the final (for now) version.

I like the poster behind the great new rack!

The Mario poster? Those are signs they handed out at his last game along with my ticket stub, I remember scouring the stands for a 2nd sign so I could frame it all. I've been meaning to make a shadow box type frame with a jersey I no longer wear, signs and stub.