Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

AVR repair, is it worth it

(1/3) > >>

plex:
I broke off my sub-woofer RCA out jack off my Denon 3808 :(.  All other functions are working fine but wife is concerned it might cause fire somehow.  Is it worth getting it fixed, any idea if cost would be more that updated replacement?  I was considering an upgrade but not like like and not this week.

Plex

rgpit:
Broken RCA jack is not a fire hazard. It should be a fairly easy repair.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Before I knew anything, I threw out a HK Twin Powered because of broken RCA jacks.   I still get mad at myself now that I know what a simple fix it is.   

And yes, in no way is it a fire hazard (unless that is a good reason to do an upgrade you've been wanting, then it is extremely hazardous  8) ).   If not, explain to your wife that every cable which carries real voltage has a male and a female end so you can't contact a hot line.   RCAs are male/male because there is no hazard.   If there were, you could plug in one end then get shocked from the other.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
As to "is it worth it", get an estimate on the repair then see what you can find to replace it for that money.

plex:
Thanks to all your help.  Since tom is not an option any ideas of where to go.  I live in Greensburg area if that helps. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version