Author Topic: Before I Get The New Racks.......  (Read 12405 times)

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
Re: Before I Get The New Racks.......
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
Wow  :o  that is sweet.

Dang.

Just curious, how are you integrating the Anthem Processor?
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »
Oh yeah, and tell us about the racks you are considering
Tinpan

BB3

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »
tinpan,

The ones that I keep gravatating towards are from Sanus Systems. My idea is to have the middle shelves to be longer and lower and for it house all of the source components, but not so low that you feel that you have to lay on the ground to change CD's or BluRays, but just high enough to clear the bottoms of the SDA-CRS+ center channel speakers which will be underneath the TV, so there are not any big gaps.

Then I would put along either side the center shelf more of a higher tower type audio racks to hold all of the amplifiers.
One thing that I never believed in doing was enclosing all of my components. I feel equipment needs to be shown in all of their glory. ;D

Have I mentioned that I'm not looking forward to purchasing all of the Interconnects that I'm going to need ?  ::) ??? :'( :'(

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
This is one I am looking at:

http://www.thesimpletvstandstore.com/p-6523-salamander-designs-synergy-single-402-40-series-2325-wide-60-tall-5-adjustable-shelves-1-40-door.aspx

1) I don't want to spend  this much money
2) I haven't found a less expensive option
3) I really like the sliding shelves
4) I really like the openness and lack of sides

I'm looking for 2 racks, one for HT and one for my two channel
Tinpan

BB3

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »
Wow  :o  that is sweet.

Dang.

Just curious, how are you integrating the Anthem Processor?

tinpan, The Anthem will be running the whole show in that room. I was extremely critical on what A/V Processor that I was going to get in the fact that it would have to do the best of everything period, or else I just simply would not have been happy.

The picture that I showed of the black wood floor, in that room I will be doing a strictly 2-channel setup. It will consist of using my C-19, the C-9, the 490T, the Silver 7 amps, and ultimately... Carver Amazing Platinums in a piano gloss black finish that Tom(OCCD) will be getting prepared for me. My C-16 will probably just retire and be stored.

I really can't wait until everything is complete, tinpan. Thank you for time and comments.

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:31:07 PM by BB3 »

BB3

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »
This is one I am looking at:

http://www.thesimpletvstandstore.com/p-6523-salamander-designs-synergy-single-402-40-series-2325-wide-60-tall-5-adjustable-shelves-1-40-door.aspx

1) I don't want to spend  this much money
2) I haven't found a less expensive option
3) I really like the sliding shelves
4) I really like the openness and lack of sides

I'm looking for 2 racks, one for HT and one for my two channel

Tinpan, For what it's worth to you, I really like the look of those racks from Salamander Designs. Very-very nice indeed.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »
Awesome Bill, simply awesome :D

BB3

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 03:29:28 PM »
Awesome Bill, simply awesome :D

Thank You So Much Mike. :) I Probably Don't Need To Tell You Much That Means To Me, Do I Mike ? ;D

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »
I really like the look of those racks from Salamander Designs. Very-very nice indeed
Bill, you are not doing a very good job of talking me out of them  :'(

Ok, so back to your Anthem. What amps do you plan on using for it and what speakers and speaker arrangement do you plan on using? It looks like you have plenty to choose from, just curious what you are picking and why? Come on I know you like to type  :P

I recently acquired a Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig and am looking for a processor for my next step. I've been considering the TG IV or TGV but the AVM 50v looks very nice indeed. I'm reading up on it as we speak.

Thanks
Tinpan

BB3

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
I really like the look of those racks from Salamander Designs. Very-very nice indeed
Bill, you are not doing a very good job of talking me out of them  :'(

Ok, so back to your Anthem. What amps do you plan on using for it and what speakers and speaker arrangement do you plan on using? It looks like you have plenty to choose from, just curious what you are picking and why? Come on I know you like to type  :P

I recently acquired a Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig and am looking for a processor for my next step. I've been considering the TG IV or TGV but the AVM 50v looks very nice indeed. I'm reading up on it as we speak.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay,tinpan. Ok here it goes......

Left and Right Front Channels: SDA-SRS's = 2 TFM-55's bi-amped(760 watts to each speaker)
Left and Right Rear Surround Channels: SDA-SRS1.2TL's = 2 TFM-55's bi-amped(760 watts to each speaker)
Left and Right Side Surround Channels: RTA-15TL's = 2 TFM-35's set to mono(500 watts to each speaker)
Center Channels: SDA-CRS+'s = 1 TFM-25(225 watts to each speaker)

Ultimately my reasoning for using the Carver Amps is simply because I've been a huge fan of their products since I was 20 years old. I think they sound phenomenal and absolutely love the way they look with those lighted meters. :P And that's exactly what I want to see when I'm in this room.......8 glowing round meters shining in all their glory. 8) Can you picture it ?

I hope this gave you some insight on my arrangement for this room and I apologize for adding a little fuel to the fire about the Salamander Design racks, tinpan. They are quite beautiful you know :-*hahahaha

Thank You For Showing Your Interest, tinpan.

Sincerely, BILL(BB3)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
Jesus Bill :o :o :o You had better have about 6 dedicated 20 amp circuits just for the amp's... :o :o :o
  Also how are you liking the RTA 15's, if they don't go good as surround speakers send them my way :o    I always wanted a pair.

I hope you have a good electrician.

Mike

BB3

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
^^^^^^^
HEHEHEHEHE-----I Hear You Mike.

As far as the Polk RTA's go, I've always loved them. They were part of my original system when I got started in all of this audio business Mike back when I just turned 21 years old.

That system consisted of the Polk RTA's, Polk M3's, Carver C-16 Pre, Carver TFM-25, Carver DPL-33 Surround Processor, Denon DCD-1560, 1-Velodyne F-1500, a Pioneer LaserDisc player, and a Onkyo Cassette Deck.

--------Thank you Mike.---------BILL

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »

eft and Right Front Channels: SDA-SRS's = 2 TFM-55's bi-amped(760 watts to each speaker)
Left and Right Rear Surround Channels: SDA-SRS1.2TL's = 2 TFM-55's bi-amped(760 watts to each speaker)
Left and Right Side Surround Channels: RTA-15TL's = 2 TFM-35's set to mono(500 watts to each speaker)
Center Channels: SDA-CRS+'s = 1 TFM-25(225 watts to each speaker)

Geez o' flip I gotta see that when you get it up and running. Yes I can picture it, I might even be able to hear it all the way here in Goldvein when you fire it up too.
Tinpan

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »
Very nice Bill. ;D ;D
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

BB3

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
^^^^^^^
Thank You So Much mikey. I Really Appreciate That. :)

-------BILL(BB3)