Author Topic: FM no static at all  (Read 13219 times)

zphoto88

Re: FM no static at all
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »
I stick to the bottom end of the dial over here. ;D Odd, I have been listening to Steely Dan the last few days. :o

I was flipping through the forum before my registration was confirmed and found this thread while I was listening to The Royal Scam! How crazy is that?

Hey schwarcw: great link!

In the truck at work we usually keep it tuned to 88.3 WRCT. I can't get it at home but if you live near the city, check it out. You never know what you'll hear on that station. It could be absolutely terrible or fantastic. For anyone on the far-left (like way left) they have a political show on at 8AM called "Democracy Now." There's a good show on Friday afternoons; that guy will play anything.

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »
Hey I'm glad yo found the link useful!  I will tune in 88.3, I should be able to pull it in quite nicely.

Regards,

CArl
Carl

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
They stream on the net too. http://www.wrct.org/

Coincidentally, one of my co-workers dates the gal that hosts the "couch dancing" segment on wednesdays.

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline Colinbgood

• Canadian Prick!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
Hi, I have a Carver tx11a, bought from vintage hifi. LOVE IT!  Best tuner I have ever owned. Most of my listening is on FM. I mainly listen to BOOM 97.3. 
Need more Carver! Comming soon a pair of silver 7t's!

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
Just picked up a beam box and an active Parsec antenna from the 70's.  Havent tried them yet.  I will check them out vs the new terk stuff and let you know what I think, when I get some time.

Anybody else ever use these.  The parsec is powered 12VDC, I need to figure out the pin polarity if no one out there knows it.  I have not even had time to open it up yet.
Dale

-Still Smoking!-