Author Topic: Altec Model 19 's For Sale  (Read 14383 times)

Offline YSRACER

• FNG !!!
Altec Model 19 's For Sale
« on: June 04, 2010, 04:37:54 PM »
For sale is a very nice pair of Altec Model 19 loudspeakers.  They are oiled walnut with alnico drivers.  One 416-8B woofer was re-coned by Great Plains Audio several years ago due to a faulty amplifier channel burning out the voice coil.  Both woofers were checked by Great Plains at that time to ensure they were still well matched.  Included are new crossovers, copying the existing design and built using foil & air core inductors, AudioCap Theta caps in some locations, and Dayton caps in others.  Resistors are Mills and Dayton.  Also included are two pairs of reproduction foam horn surrounds from Paul Darrst.

These are at the top of the heap of speakers I have ever heard or owned.  Selling just because I'm back on the merry-go-round we all ride, although actually I have owned these longer than any other pair of speakers and would not sell them if space wasn't such an issue.

Local pick-up near Pittsburgh, PA

$1500.00

Squeezebox w/Welborne Labs PS / Benchmark DAC1 / Emotive Audio Erato / Aspen Lifeforce / Speaker of the Month

bmwr75

Re: Altec Model 19 's For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »
Wish I needed another pair of speakers!!

Offline desperado915

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:24:47 PM »
I would have bought them yesterday if space wasn't a consideration. Those babies are legendary.

Offline YSRACER

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:38:28 PM »
Sold !
Squeezebox w/Welborne Labs PS / Benchmark DAC1 / Emotive Audio Erato / Aspen Lifeforce / Speaker of the Month

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »
WOW!  It didn't take long for those beauties to sell!  Congrats to the seller and proud new owner.
Carl

Offline YSRACER

• FNG !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »
Thanks, I ended up selling them on the Klipsch forum.  Like selling a Ford on a Chevy forum.............   ;D  They are headed to Minneapolis !

Good luck with the sale of your Spendor's !

SunnyDaze

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
Maybe Prince bought them as a birthday present to himself.