Author Topic: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?  (Read 698100 times)

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
« Reply #2625 on: February 01, 2016, 07:19:15 AM »
NICE!
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2626 on: February 01, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »
Brian Auger  "search party"

Average White Band and Ben E. King  "Benny and Us" 

both are very good recordings BTW...   
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
« Reply #2627 on: February 03, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »
Levon Helm - Ramble at the Ryman. My daughter, Annalee, can't wait to hear Anna Lee on side three and The Weight which is where we lifted her name.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #2628 on: February 06, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
Up early again and just finishing up disc one of "The Dukes Men -The Small Groups - Volume 1"

These guys swing like crazy!

I've been reading about all these Columbia-Legacy recordings (that I purchased super cheap directly from Sony, through a connection at a local radio station, back when they were being released in the early 1990s).  I guess the NoNoise technology, etc is not so highly regarded these days.   
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Gelid

• FNG !!!
« Reply #2629 on: February 10, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
Lonely Girl by Julie London (1956)

Offline Mongojustpawn

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Mongo Like Choo-Choo!
« Reply #2630 on: February 18, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »
Hi Guys, first post in a while, found this at the local thrift today, very nice condition
Welcome Back My Friends, To The Show That Never Ends

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2631 on: February 19, 2016, 04:50:32 PM »
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms - OMR LP

(recording it to 4 track rtr on the X2000 in honor of Schwartz)

[Rev - I am liking this LP a lot - you may not get it back]

Untitled , on Flickr

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #2632 on: February 20, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »
Several weeks ago I went to HPB and bought 5 or 6 sealed LP's and a handful of open in excellent condition. I also bought a couple dozen from the $1 bin. Chemo kept me from listening to any of them. Last night I couldn't sleep so I listened to a bunch of them. I got some really great stuff. So far only one of the $1 records is noisy. Guess I'll wait until I'm done listening to all of them to see which ones need "advanced' cleaning. My birthday is in May. Time to start working on my wife for a decent RCM. Any suggestions? The less labor intensive the better because of my situation. I have a Spin Clean that I bought from Tom a couple years back but have never used it. It looks to labor intensive for me. Can $500 get me a decent powered one?
Thx

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2633 on: February 20, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
At that price point you are probably looking at the Okki Nokki or the VPI 16.5.  I own the 16.5 and, like Carl,  swear  by it.  If it breaks I will order another one - I could never say that about that Spin Clean!  You can get a used VPI for $350 or so if you look and are patient. 

OBG

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #2634 on: March 06, 2016, 06:48:30 AM »
Bill Evans     Sunday at the Village Vanguard
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2635 on: March 09, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »
two nice finds yesterday at HPB in Bethel Park.... Kinks Misfits Mofi 1978 reissue in perfect condition $12.99 a very good 1/2 speed master project. First time I found a miss priced album at this HPB store! ( and Humble Pie " the best" in perfect condition for $7 not a deal But I can never have enough Humble Pie )

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2636 on: March 09, 2016, 08:37:39 AM »
when I say perfect condition I mean very nearly completely tick or pop free... . Humble Pie is not a fabulous choice of recording but in nearly the same condition.... a good record collecting day!

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2637 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:01 AM »
two nice finds yesterday at HPB in Bethel Park.... Kinks Misfits Mofi 1978 reissue in perfect condition $12.99 a very good 1/2 speed master project. First time I found a miss priced album at this HPB store! ( and Humble Pie " the best" in perfect condition for $7 not a deal But I can never have enough Humble Pie )

It's coupon week at HPB.  You're right they rarely make price mistakes. I have caught them a few times. Best was a LZ Houses of the Holy RL for a buck. Hope you didn't wipe out their stock, I'll likely go up Friday morning for 40% off.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2638 on: March 09, 2016, 01:33:16 PM »
I love coupon week at HPB!   Today I got an ATCO yellow (probably first press) of Peter Gabriel (car) marked $5.99 (already cheap) but with 30% off only $4.19.   EX condition vinyl, though the jacket is a bit rough (probably why it was so cheap, but I can live with that).

I'm glad you guys are all in the south and not pulling the good stuff out of my store.   On the 40% and 50% days I usually get new stuff.   I need the latest Jason Isbell and the first Alabama Shakes, both of which my store has.   Gina plans to get The Weeknd on Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:39:12 PM by Sir Thrift-a-Lot »

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2639 on: March 09, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »

I'm glad you guys are all in the south and not pulling the good stuff out of my store.   On the 40% and 50% days I usually get new stuff.   I need the latest Jason Isbell and the first Alabama Shakes, both of which my store has.   Gina plans to get The Weeknd on Sunday.

I've been burned on Sunday a couple times. I'll scope something out and get pumped to get it and poof it's gone. Last time it was a new Dark Side of the Moon. I usually try to get new or something off the counter box, which is in a lock box in Monroeville.