Author Topic: Tomorrow's the day  (Read 7646 times)

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
Re: Tomorrow's the day
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
Finally got my Medallion cabinets in Wednesday. Course I was sicker thana dog so i couldn't do anything with them untill Thursday. Anyway here they are;

It's actually a lot taller than I thought it would be. Here is a shot with the grill cover off. Pretty basic, one driver, no cross overs and a folded horn for the bass to exit. You can see the mouth of the horn two thirds of the way down the speaker. The cats love folded horn openings. They learned the hard way to NOT go in the Lascala openings  ;D .

Here's the cabinet with the grill screen on. These were used cabinets. The way Jon described them I thought I was going to have to refinish them. Heck i like them fine the way they are, very presentable. These less expensive cabinets let me upgrade to the PM5a driver.

I need to run them at regular listening levels for about 30 hours to let them break in. I am about 16 hours into that process now. Probably be tomorrow afternoon when i can inch them up a little
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 04:32:30 PM »
Oh...one more thing. I like the plywood cabinets. I hate MDF and i don't care what anyone says about the "better sound" it produces.

Another nice touch is the Cardas speaker posts and the Jenna wire that runs from the posts to the speakers. This is the first time I have seen these Cardas speaker posts and I really like them. They work really well with my speaker cables

See how nice those River Current cables look on the back of my Lowther Medallions?
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline dyeraudio

• FNG !!!
  • OCCD Victim
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
I see those originated in Forest Park, IL.....about 45 mins from me.....private sale?
CT-29V, TFM-45, SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh, PS Audio Statement cables, APC 600 Line-R, Vibra-Cones