Author Topic: Wanted!!! A MINT copy of Pink Floyd Meddle on vinyl  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Re: Wanted!!! A MINT copy of Pink Floyd Meddle on vinyl
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:02 PM »
Thanks Rev,    If I am going to spend that on a used one, I can get a new colored vinyl one sealed for $39.99....
   I just would not want to open it then....   To collectible.

Offline icravcarver

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »
Sorry it took me so long to post.  I did find a really good original pressing!  I probably paid too much for it as it was, but like I said, I had to replace my copy.  There were a couple of other ones there, but not what I would consider "Mint" and they wanted way too much for them. 

Sorry I wasn't able to come through for you.  I will keep on the lookout.  I just discovered a new place to check out vinyl in Syracuse, just haven't had a chance to get there yet. 

I did hook up with a really excellent double album from Buffalo Springfield.  A compilation record, and it includes the 9 minute version of "Bluebird".  Got a decent copy of Jim Morrison's American Prayer, with booklet no less, and an excellent stereo version of Quadrophenia, with original booklet as it is.  Oh yeah, and a nice version of Floyd's UMMAGUMMA and a really awesome version of the Dead - What A Long Strange Trip Its Been.  Really awesome, almost like it was never played.

Got a couple of others, no where in as nice as shape as the ones listed above, but enjoyable.  Again, I will keep my eyes open for a copy of Meddle for you.  Will keep you posted.

Neil
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

Offline wkhanna

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
Have you tried http://www.eides.com/info.html downtown by the bus station?
....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
Carl came by today, and in his hand was an excellent copy of Meddle!!!  Cleaned and ready to play!!   THANK YOU CARL!!  Also he had a Denon DL-160 Moving Coil cartridge for me to try out.
Carl was also nice enough to move a massive Philips power amp out of my way! 

Thank you Carl, and it was a pleasure having you stop by and listen to some music with me and little Mikey. 

Thank you again Carl!!

_________
Mike

Anders

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »
I have a UHQR of Dark Side of the Moon but its a bit warm sounding compared to my british pressing.
I also have the Japanese pressing of The Wall which is supposed to be the best sounding.
I could always burn them on CD.

Anders