Audio Discussion > DIY

Painting the "Media" room

(1/3) > >>

Bunni:
Hey guys,

I'd love to have your opinion on a project of my own.  We've lived in this house for nearly 6 years now.  The walls are white in every room of this house except our bedrrom and the "Media Room" which is (gag) pink. It's absolutely necessary we paint, and finally we got some paint yesterday and today for our bedroom and my office.  The media room, well we are still undecided.  It can't be pink anymore!

This room is my hubby's hobby space, antique radio display area (along with the rest of the house), about a third of his LP's are there, and it's where we planned to set up his audio equipment, including his huge Acoustat speakers.  They've been living in the basement since we got here. His audio rack has been sitting in our dining room since we had some work done to our bedroom, where it had been temporarily living.

I want this set up and comfortable, and I need advice on a color.  What color do you think of when you're listening to your favorite music?  Can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Thanks!

Bunni

thuffman03:
I can agree tht pink is not a color I would like to have in my house either.  Though for me that is about as far as it goes.  I am a white wall person.  Clean and simple.

sk1335:
I would go with neutrals, I'm in custom home design, and my wife is a real estate agent - If your looking at resale later - neutral colors go with just about anything, then accessorize with bold colors in your furnishings and accessories.

Consider the walls as a blank slate that you're going to use as a background - then use your accessories/furnishings to bring in color.

BrianT:

I agree with sk1335 neutrals all the way

Brian

Kingman:

--- Quote ---I am a white wall person.  Clean and simple.
--- End quote ---
Agree with Thuffman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version