Author Topic: Evergreen Holocaust  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Evergreen Holocaust
« on: November 22, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
It is coming up on christmas tree harvest time... And to the trees it is the holocaust. So, last year my wife and I started the tradition of getting a real tree for christmas. We drove out to Indiana and paid around $50 to have one cut down and tied up for us. This year I would like to find a more local farmer, pay less and cut down the tree myself. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Re: Evergreen Holocaust
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
You can have the one in my neighbors yard for $25.00

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:32:32 PM »
There's a tree farm near my house in Indiana that's quasi-DIY. You ride a wagon out to the field, tag your tree, they cut it, you carry it back to the wagon and home.

I haven't gotten any word on how much it costs yet, but Alexis and I plan on doing that next weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 05:45:29 AM »
I remember when I was a boy my dad and I would go to a tree farm and freeze our peckers off walking around for an hour trying to find the perfect tree. Then we would cut it down with a rusty bowsaw and drag it 5 miles uphill in the snow and give the farmer 10 bucks and a bottle of booze for it. That's the experience I want to share with my family.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »
Buy a balled live tree & plant it after christmas. 
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs