Author Topic: Pioneer SX-950 receiever post Anders $300  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Pioneer SX-950 receiever post Anders $300
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
Anders gave this thing a once over. Complete cleaning and changed out the sanyo caps. Beautiful face. Scratches on the top of the veneer and a chip out on the back left. Not museum quality, but VERY presentable. Sound is great. Everything works the way it should. Very slight scratchiness in the balance control.
No pics till I get a new battery charger for my camera.
$300 firm

Calls and texts    814-490-2seven20
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: Pioneer SX-950 receiever post Anders $300
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
Still haven't gotten the charger for my good camera, but here are some from my crappy point and shoot...

I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
This is a great sounding receiver, and I'm not just saying that to try to sell the thing. This is the first *nice* vintage pioneer receiver I've owned. It's got a really "warm" sound. I'm sure it doesn't sound as good as the Onkyo P308 and Carver TFM 35x I was running on this system, just different, and good. If you've owned one of these old receivers feel free to chime in with your experiences.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
SOLD