Author Topic: New family member  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
New family member
« on: December 13, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
My wife and I adopted a dog this weekend.  Her name is Lulu and she is a 2 year old Basset Hound.  She was owned by a backyard breeder in west newton and given away when she didn't have puppies a 2nd time.  She is the sweetest thing in the world and we thought the right temperament for our other dog.  She must have been chained up or caged outside her whole life as she is so happy to be inside and have a bed.  She does have a tendency to cower when you are standing and try to pet her which leads me to believe she was never treated well.  She still has to be house broken which we are working on now.  She is severely underweight so we're also trying to fatten her up.  It's disheartening how some people treat their animals, such a shame.

bmwr75

Re: New family member
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pics.  She's very pretty!!!!

Kudos to you and your family for adopting.

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
Woohoo!  Gunter has a new friend. Way to go Rev.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline Reverend

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »
We'll be up your way on Friday night, she has to get her stitches out at North View.

Offline BrianT

• F'n Brit Asshole!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »

Ryan.

You did a good thing there, looks like she is enjoying her new life.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2SI integrated amp
Takatsuki 300B tubes
2 x Carver 275 Mono Block
Audience Front Row Bi wire Speaker Cables
Audience Front Row USB Cable
Audience Front Row RCA Cables
VPI Classic TurnTable (blk)
c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Auralic G2 server
B&W 803D3 (black)

Bunni

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:27:53 AM »
She's very sweet, but I will never own a Basset Hound...

We had one when I was about 3 years old.  She loved me.  When she saw me she would run full speed, knock me down and stand on top of me licking my face.  If you've ever seen the Flintstone's where Dino jumps on Fred when he comes home from work, yeah exactly like that.  However I was 3, and this dog was a full grown Basset Hound, and heavy!  I couldn't breathe!  She did it to me in the snow one day.  I'll never forget this dog standing on me, licking me, buried in the snow.  Scarred for life lol

Offline Reverend

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »
Our bulldog is who you have to watch out for.  She's 65# of muscle and can definitely knock you over.  Lulu is loving life, she has a little dance like a pony when she get's excited, it's very funny.

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
Got a used dog once many years ago.  It was supposedly house broken, trained, etc.  This proved not to be the case and with no one at home during the day,you can imagine what fun the dog (Quincy) had without us there to supervise.  This was before the use of cages to keep the dog and house safe.

When Quincy started doing his business on the hi-fi rack (no doors on the front), that was the last straw and back to the shelter he went (along with all the stuff we bought and a healthy contribution to the organization).

I have had a dog or two since then (trained), but am no longer around enough to take proper care of one....it wouldn't be fair to the animal.  Maybe again when I retire, if that ever happens.  Maybe I should get a Bassett Hound-cool looking dog.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 07:09:17 PM »
Nice looking dog. Good luck on the house training!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »
Nice looking dog.  Congrats on the great score!!!