Author Topic: wanted: 12" home subwoofer box and amp  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
wanted: 12" home subwoofer box and amp
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
I'm thinking of starting a new project. I need a box and amp with a crossover for a 12" subwoofer. Any part of the equation will help.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline ataudio

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: wanted: 12" home subwoofer box and amp
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
I have an ANGSTROM sub down at Toms.  12" woofer, 100watt amp (I think).
Variable xcover, phase, volume controls.  RCA inputs work, speaker level inputs hum.
I paid $40 for it.  If your interested let me know.  Its the original Angstrom sub. Model number
escapes me at the moment.

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
Check out my post Ed.

It's smaller than what you want, but it may do.  Hover, I think that you want a big SLAM! type sub. :o

What happened to the HSU VTF that I sold you???
Carl

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:15:46 AM »
Carl, it was a Definitive supercube I got from you. That went to WVSteve who bought it for his dad. I'm kind of fooling around with the idea of running 1 or 2 Infinity kappa perfect 12" subs. They are great woofers that claim to hit 18hz, can work in a small box, and are 94 db efficient (although I'm not sure how driver manufacturers make these specs for a raw driver). I would eventually like to run a stereo pair of these at relatively low power. They should be able to play very deep without exerting themselves very much, which I think would make for a very nice sounding, almost distortionless sub-bass set-up. The WTB ad for the box and amp is just for me to screw around with one of the drivers before I go and start building boxes.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »
Oh, and by the way, that HSU sub looks very cool. If I hadn't just dropped a couple hundred on a pair of outdoor speakers, I would snag it just to try it out.