Author Topic: Papabearjew's switching scheme for multiple tape deeks Russound Audio Switcher  (Read 3087 times)

OldiesButGoodies

I may have a bunch of decks, but Papabearjew actually has a bunch of decks connected to the system at the same time.  If I heard him right last night he can have up to 13 decks through one tape loop by daisy chaining these switches. 

(what is the Teac box at the bottom of the stack for?)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
Thanks Pepe. Only two 5 station units can be daisy chained together and run through a common tape monitor/loop. I have these two running through tape monitor/loop 1and the 3 station unit running through tape monitor/loop 2. The TEAC unit on the bottom of the stack is a Dolby noise reduction unit.

bearjew

there isn't a dollar amount high enough to get me to learn how that all works.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
Bearjew...it actually scares me that I understand it all. Haha   I think I'm up to 39 pairs of patch cords at this point...so far!  Mommabearjew once asked me why I have 3 reel to reel tape decks and I just answered because I haven't picked the 4th one yet. That Tandberg looked pretty tempting though

OldiesButGoodies

I was going to sell the RT-707 before we met Saturday.  Now I have seen the light.  I can borrow good recordings from Papabearjew, Rev, Tom, Carl and make copies with two decks.  So I killed the auction and am keeping the 707.  Will look for a Russound switcher on ebay, but for now I will use the built in switcher in Rev's ex-C19 (I bought it, it is mine mine mine!) which has a nice set of loops with a decent switcher built in. 

I will leave the Parasound 2100 curbside Tuesday evening for the trash to pick up.  Ok, that would be extreme and I need to refill my Paypal account,  but that makes three things I have purchased from Audio Advisor that were not worth keeping   ::).

Glad to hear the Tandberg turned out good.  Mamabearjew is priceless for letting you keep all those decks.

bearjew

Mamabearjew is going to staple his testicles to his chin if he buys it.  We'll call him the ballchinian

Offline Reverend

OldiesButGoodies

buy it buy it

(where the hell do you get this pictures Rev? and it is scary how fast you get them. Is this what your interns do? Go back to printing stuff.)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
What's really scary about the photo Rev posted is my jewfro was just like that in college...maybe even longer

Offline MacGeek

Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77