Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Broken PS Audio Prelude Banana Connectors

(1/4) > >>

TNRabbit:
I'm trying to replace these broken banana connectors off my PS Audio Prelude speaker cables. They're pretty crappy pot metal for such expensive cables....

They screw onto the end of the connector & I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement online.  Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know how to get broken bananas out of the binding posts?

Reverend:
Are they stuck in the binding posts of your amp or speakers?  I'm sure Tom or Anders might have a suggestion.

It's not surprising at all that they would use garbage connectors on high end cables.  Anything to make a buck.  Most of the connectors are from China.  In my research I found several cable companies that ship distributors the parts and have them do the assembly to get a price break.  So some kid making minimum wage is in the back of their warehouse putting together your $1000 cables.  There goes your QA...

TNRabbit:
The bananas are stuck in the speaker binding posts.  I was able to back them out SOME through the hole where you clamp speaker wire, but not enough to get hold of them & pull them out.

TNRabbit:

gdv:
Did you try to remove the 8 phillips screws from the back plate of the speaker and see if you could "push" the broken banana plug back?  I would check if you have access...  If so, would be easiest fix...  If not take a few more pics, to see if we have more ideas...

HTH,
George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version