General Banter > Car Talk

Wife's new ride

(1/3) > >>

Slim-Shaddy:
This is the new to us Forester XT. It's definitely not in a class with some of you other guys' machines, but it's fun to drive and it's a family car. We had been talking about getting something bigger for her for awhile, and we were pretty much torn between an Outback and a Forester. We found the FXT about an hour and a half east of us for about $4k under KBB. It's a 2010 with under 25k miles and a clean history, including scheduled maintenance. If you are unfamiliar with the XT version of the Forester, it comes in two trim levels... Limited and Premium. Ours is the limited version which is the cheaper of the two, but still has most of the bells and whistles, including heated leather seats and panoramic moon roof. The XT has the standard 2.5L boxer like all Foresters, but with a turbo, which boosts the HP from 170 to 224, and Torque is 226 at 2800 RPM. 0-60 time is 6.6 seconds and quarter mile is 15.2. Not a rocket, but definitely not too shabby for a family car  ;D. The drawback is the gas mileage. The old car was a 2007 civic getting better than 30mpg highway. This one is rated at 24  :-[..... I told my wife to just ease into the throttle to help.... She said she can't. It's just too much fun to step on it :laugh:

MasterBlaster:
Not too shabby. Turbo has always intrigued me though I've never owned one.

SunnyDaze:
Nice, Ed. Read that owners manual from front to back. Turbo Subarus are picky cars. Also, signing up for NASIOC, ClubWrx, or SubaruForester.org wouldn't be a bad idea. There's a lot of good info out there.

I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Slim-Shaddy:
I've been picking away at the manual... I'm going to be on top of the maintenance. You know what would be cool? A phone app that recognizes the mileage and alerts you to when scheduled maintenance needs to be performed.

Reverend:
That's a beauty Clark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version