Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Recap Resistor question

(1/7) > >>

Slim-Shaddy:
I'm FINALLY going to recap my main speakers, and I was wondering while I'm in there, should I do the resistors too? Also, what would happen if I changed the value of one of the resistors? The biggest complaint I have about the speakers is the fact that they are a bit weak on bass. There is a 5 ohm resistor going to the woofer. Would I get more bass without muddying the sound by putting a 4 or 3 ohm resistor in there instead?

BrianT:

--- Quote from: Shape-shifter on September 06, 2012, 08:31:46 PM ---I'm FINALLY going to recap my main speakers, and I was wondering while I'm in there, should I do the resistors too? Also, what would happen if I changed the value of one of the resistors? The biggest complaint I have about the speakers is the fact that they are a bit weak on bass. There is a 5 ohm resistor going to the woofer. Would I get more bass without muddying the sound by putting a 4 or 3 ohm resistor in there instead?

--- End quote ---

Sorry I personally cannot help you.

But as Bob Caver say's TRY IT AND FIND OUT
and then let us all know

Brian

rgpit:
Changing the resistor value may also change the xover frequency.

Slim-Shaddy:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=249521&d=1294770546

here's the schematic...

SunnyDaze:
I'm not an AK member so I can't view the schematic, but, I'm with Ron. Changing the value of a resistor can change the crossover parameters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version