General Banter > Audio Geek Meeting!!!

Bringing my system this Saturday

(1/3) > >>

StephenWVU:
Hey guys,

I am going to be bringing in my main system, what I have finished of it that is, to the shop this Saturday.  (Golden Tube SE 100, CRM 2 speakers + stands, just going to use one of Tom's Sunfire Subwoofers because that is what I am sporting, my laptop, my Muse USB MA20 DAC, probably my Pioneer Elite VSX-91 TXH receiver, and hopefully my new Carver C-19 modded pre. Plan is to compare the difference between my C-19 and my Pioneer Elite receiver (using the Golden tube amp of course), along with my laptop vs a few good CD players and maybe dip my feet in the turntable pool.  Still haven't played around much with LPs and probably won't until I move but it is always fun to see what is up ahead.  It would be fun to hear other people's views and hang out with some of the music community again.   The CDs I plan on bringing are probably a Tango CD I own, Saint-SaĆ«ns, maybe some Gershwin, Rimsky Korsakov, and then a bunch of music that I will stream from my computer.  Feel free to bring some music that you would like to use to test my system.  ;D

I will also be bringing in my HSU STF-1 subwoofer for Bill, and my ELAN LS 650 THP speakers for work / tweeking.  I am also deeply considering selling my mirage OM-9, OM-R2, and OM-C2 speaker setup.  I have an Onkyo TX SR604 receiver as well.  Not completely solid on selling those but if I do I would be happier selling to someone on here. 

Hope to see you all Saturday,
Stephen

OCCD:
Can you bring more 8)

OldiesButGoodies:
Where will all this fit Steve?  The shop is pretty full! That said I would mind listening to the setup. :P

SunnyDaze:
I might actually make it for this. My Integra 8067 sh!t the bed. I now have just cause.  ;D

Reverend:
Will the C-19 sound better then your Pioneer Elite?  As a person that owns both...yes, yes it will.

That should save you the trip of bringing all that equipment.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version