Author Topic: Altec 848A Flamencos for Sale or Trade  (Read 2242 times)

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
Altec 848A Flamencos for Sale or Trade
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Hello all,

Never thought we would sell these, but just got A7's and more and need space.  Looking for around 900 or Cash and Trade.  Available for audition and pick-up in Penn Hills.  Call Hal or Dale to see.  Perfect sounding and awesome looking.  Look up on internet if you are not familiar with these beautiful speakers.  Drivers and crossovers probably worth the asking price.
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
Re: Altec 848A Flamencos for Sale or Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »
Oooooohhh A7's, nice score. Let's see some pics.

Also, what driver and horn is in the Flamenco? Is that an 811 horn? I have a buddy I am trying to point your way.

Also, do you have a pic of the front?

Thanks

Tinpan
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
Re: Altec 848A Flamencos for Sale or Trade/may part with 8 Kappas too
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
Hi Tinpan,

Yes, 811 horn, no pics of the front, but they are original and nice.  These are the 8 ohm versions, with original 8 ohm 15 inch Altec woofer.  Speakers are at Hals, so cannot post a pic, cant seem to find anymore pics on my computer.  Actually posted pics of tops and sides of the speakers we are selling.  Still working on A7's but will post pics later.  Using 511 horns till we get the 811's repaired, though actually have a pair of old JBL horns on top now. 

Also just got my KLH Model Nines up and running again and would like to move them to my upstairs sound room.  SOoo, thinking of selling my favorite Infinity's.  Had them forever it seems, all original and working.  Owned the whole line up from 6-9 and kept the 8's.  Thinking 5-600 and a cool trade.    Ask Falcon about these, he will vouch for their quality.

Still got a pair of 6's left too.

Hell its the new year, if you are looking for speakers you should stop!  Like to sell WD-70's, DQ-20's, Techniques 6000a, DCM KX-12 and more that I cannot think of at this time.

Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »
I saw these Altec's and I was impressed with their appearance.  Very presentable in a nice living room.
Carl

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »
THX, Carl.
Dale

-Still Smoking!-