Author Topic: Stupid curiosity question  (Read 2464 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Stupid curiosity question
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
Tom:

All things being equal and focusing only on store sales (no web/shipped),  do speakers at the shop move any faster than amps/pres/receivers/etc.?

I am here cleaning LPs on the ol spin clean and questions like this one dribble up to my consciousness.  Sad that no other thoughts come up.

Pepe

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stupid curiosity question
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:12:29 PM »
How's the spin clean working for ya Pepe ?
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »
Hi King, the spinclean does its thing well,  in my opinion,  for the money.  a machine with a vacuum device to get the water out would be superior I guess but way more expensive.  I place the records flat on a tonel after cleaning and dry them with some cheese cloth and soft towels.  then I let it air dry for a while.  Takes some time but it is relaxing to do.  For really dirty records it is way better than the usual brush.

P

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:36 PM »
Hey Pepe!

Are you cleaning vinyl to go underneath the Denon 103?
Carl

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
Hi Carl!  No - sadly the records are still getting decoded by the Rega Bias.  The Denon is on backorder with Comet.  I started to write an email asking the customer service rep to put me back in standard shipping since there is no point expediting a back-ordered item,  but then thought 'well whenever the heck they do get it I want it here pronto'...  So,  will keep you posted.  Looking forward to the moving coil experience though.