Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9.6's & DCM TF350's for Trade  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Shayne

• Double Secret Probation!
Wharfedale Diamond 9.6's & DCM TF350's for Trade
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
Got two sets of speakers to trade. Basically just looking for a change. I'll trade both for a cool set of speakers or maybe trade a set plus some cash to boot for a better set. Let me know what you've got. I'm in Parkersburg, WV but wouldn't mind taking the trip to the Pittsburgh area for something interesting. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics. These come from a clean, non-smoking home. Thanks, Shayne

First off Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 towers. 8" bass driver, 8" mid bass driver and dome mid and tweets. Black cherry finish with black base and spikes. I'm the original owner and they are in really nice shape. The only thing worth mentioning is a little bit of a rash in the veneer on the back of one of them. It met with a brick wall when I was moving them. Not visible from the front. Functionally perfect. Well reviewed!

On to the DCM's. These are the Time Frame (TF350) transmission line system. 6.5" woofer, .75" tweeter. Very impressive for size. I bought these from the original owner. I have the original shipping crates. Condition is great with only a couple snags and spots on the grill cloth here and there. Very presentable. The original woofers had foam rot. I intended to just replace the foam, but one of the drivers had some issues so I opted to replace the drivers with Peerless units. Sound great and ready to go.

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9.6's & DCM TF350's for Trade
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »
Shayne,

I would love to audition these. You free Saturday?  Going to be in Pittsburgh today and tomorrow. Can't believe we still haven't met up to hear each others systems and possibly have a few beers.
Speakers: Nearfield Acoustics Pipedreams Reference 18
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)
Preamplifier/DAC/Phono: Phison PD2SE
Server: Pi & NUC
Turntable: VPI HR-X, VdH Colibri XGW

Offline Shayne

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
I'm sure sometime Saturday would be cool. I know we are having an Easter dinner at the house Saturday, but maybe before or after that. I'll get back to you soon.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »
If Steve passes on the diamonds, I'd like to check em out.

Offline Shayne

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »
I have a guy who wants to trade a guitar i've got for a set of Boelender Gabener Radia 520i's ribbon speakers. Anyone know anything about those? If the trade goes down, these speakers will still be available but I would consider selling them outright.

Offline StephenWVU

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »
I don't have time to research but those look nifty!  I hope to hear those too!
Speakers: Nearfield Acoustics Pipedreams Reference 18
Amplifier:
Mark Levinson ML3 (subs)
Phison A2.120SE (towers)
Preamplifier/DAC/Phono: Phison PD2SE
Server: Pi & NUC
Turntable: VPI HR-X, VdH Colibri XGW

Offline Shayne

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »
Stephen came over Saturday night to listen to these. He has some trade bait that I need to go check out. He wasn't interested in the DCM's, so still available. Wharfedales pending for the moment.

The deal with the Bohlender Grabener's has apparently fallen through. The deal was made but the guy with the speakers wanted to meet half way, I offered to drive the whole distance to his place so I could hear the speakers and now.....silence. Either they were f'd up or the guy was nervous to have a stranger at his place. Oh well.

Offline Shayne

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »
Still available, will trade one or both sets and possibly add cash for some cool speakers. Hit me with a cash or trade offer.

Offline Shayne

Sold the DCM's. Still got the Wharfedales I need to sell. Need the money to pay for some new Magnepans. Like to get $450, hit me up with offers.