Author Topic: might need a new audio rack  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Rockman Rock

• Double Secret Probation!
  • How about a taxi grab.....
Re: might need a new audio rack
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »
Hey Rich!

The Yammies have me spurtin' wood!  That vertical TT looks awesome!

Is that a lighted computer case or a blue lava lamp in the background? >:D

Hey Carl! The yammy stuff sounds good but doesn't have that Marantz classy look!

It's an old water cooled overclocked duallie 'putie. Really made a splash back in the day when I was invloved with a web site devoted to cooling. Two 10K SCSI drives in RAID0. Now a single SATA drive can kick its ass for output.
Salk SoundScape 8's / Audio Research Reference 3 / Bottlehead Eros Phono / Krell KSA-250 / diy Lenco w/AA MG-1 arm / diy Dual Mono Buffalo III DAC / Denon 3910 I2S/DSD out mod / SB Touch 12S out mod / diy Cinemag SUT

Offline Rockman Rock

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 07:46:43 PM »
Mitsubishi LT 5v vertical spinner
...I likey!!! Had a Technics one before but it didn't work!

Thanks! The belts had turned to goo but after clean and lube worked great! A video of it in the upstairs system...

http://youtu.be/T8OjlcJjSEE
Salk SoundScape 8's / Audio Research Reference 3 / Bottlehead Eros Phono / Krell KSA-250 / diy Lenco w/AA MG-1 arm / diy Dual Mono Buffalo III DAC / Denon 3910 I2S/DSD out mod / SB Touch 12S out mod / diy Cinemag SUT

Offline Rockman Rock

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
PS

Rockman, show us the pics of the big system!

I dare you to show us that DAC! 8)

The upstairs system? I'll put something up in members systems and the DIy thread.

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »

papa, you could get yourself an account at photobucket, upload pics to it and then link to them. Photobucket is free but you have to endure ads while uploading. Other photo sites exist but I'm not familiar with them.

http://photobucket.com/

Nick rack...mind if I ask what specifically you used, and where you sourced everything? I'd like to build one just like it.

thanks

Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline Rockman Rock

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 12:27:50 AM »
Greetings NomadRider. Thx, but I can't take credit for building it.

That is a Salamander Archetype 5.0 rack I bought used on craigslist a long time ago. I've seen long threaded rods at the local Home Depot, but not in this size. IIRC they topped out at 1/2" USS thread.

Here is an old link I had saved. Looks like they sourced the larger 5/8" threaded rod at McMaster Carr.

http://www.jetcom.org/~jsb/flexirack.php