Author Topic: Emotiva mini-X a-100  (Read 1990 times)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Emotiva mini-X a-100
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:32:30 AM »
Ordered one of these to power my desktop system.
I've got it driving a pair of Optimus LX5 right now, and I've gotta say this thing packs a punch!

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Emotiva mini-X a-100
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »
The Emotiva stuff sure looks nice.  I am glad it sounds good too Al...

I bought the M Audio monitors on C-list to compare with the Audioengine 2s and decide which becomes the desktop system.  Both sound pretty damn good near field.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
That Emotiva definitely looks cool. OBG, I'm curious to see which speakers win out! My computer system consists of a Clown D75 and a pair of Blueroom Minipods.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:33:03 PM »
Will report on the comparison.  For now I have only listened to the M Audios (the Audioengine A2s are my Father's Day gift - cannot open then until tomorrow [come to think of it, Rev squeezed this Father's day creds by a milimeter - great timing!]) - they sound pretty damn good, with solid bass and the ability to go loud; but they are also about twice the size of the Audioengines.  Will see...