Audio Discussion > List your system

My latest give away system

<< < (8/9) > >>

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
It's fun.

EmperorNorton:
Good man, Mark!

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
After another long dry spell, I just had a really cool give-away system experience.

I was in The Exchange looking at records, when this (approximately) 12 year old boy goes walking past me with a copy of Sgt Pepper in his hand.   "Mom, can I have this?"   She answered "we don't even have a turntable".   Without even thinking, I pop out with "I'll give the kid a table, buy him the record".   Adult male asks if I am serious.   I said sure, give me your number.   So he does and he buys the record.

A couple days later I call him.   We chat for a while and set up a time for him to come pick it up.   He tells me that the buy is taking up the drums.   I tell him that any 12 year old boy who is in The Exchange looking at Beatles records instead of GTA needs to be encouraged.   So the guy and the boy's mom come by and she gives me a bottle of chardonnay (it's nice that some folks still know how to graciously receive a gift, even if I don't drink anymore).   I gave them a Pioneer SX-1700, JVC AL-A151 and those Criterion Frankenspeakers I had at the last swap meet (the first thing he should upgrade if he sticks with this).   Also, I gave him a beater copy of Quadrophenia that I had on hand, because if a drummer is going to have two records in his collection, that should really be one of them.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Truthfully, the wine is probably worth more than the system, LOL!

Jim Pittsburgh:
well done!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version